it shall be me VS abbey

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all, thanks for this great website. from reading whats been gong on it seems to be working and the banks are getting what they deserved for their theft of our own money.

i bank with abbey, they have been absolutely atroscious in chargin my account. they made me one of the "working poor" whereby all my slary did each month was reset my over draft, which would have had some charges £35 for each transaction, then it went down to £30.

the final straw came when last yr i booked a holiday over the phone directly with air france who charged my card. i knew i had enough money there so there was no problem. 4 days later i received my e-ticket and flight confirmation. as part of my trip was visinting family and freinds i hadnt seen in a while i bought a lot of gifts and stuff i needed for my tropical holiday.

a day before i travelled i went into an abbey branch to ask at the counter for my balance..which i was told, it appeared more than i had imagined but then i had paid in two cheques so assumed it was that. i then withdrew 90% of what was left so as to use that as my spending money, and i left 10% to cover bills and direct debits for that month.

came back from holiday 4 weeks later and saw about 23 letters from abbey!!!!!!

all telling me how my account was gong to be charged £30 for this and that transaction as there wasnt enough in my acccount. i coudlnt beleive it.

now this is what they told me. they claim that Air france HAD NOT taken the money out of my account by the time i enquired in the bank about my balance and withdrew money. this is even though i had received my ticket and was a day b4 i left. abbey told me that for any transaction the seller has up to 6 months to request the money from my account!!! so all the shopping i did as well as the direct debits that came in, AND the money i had withdrawn was all deemed as "not enough funds" so i came home to meet about £460 in charges.

i later quit my job and was chased by abbey to "bring my account up to date" they seized my cheque books and cards. and it took 5 months to get back into the black.

i knew that this coulndt be right. they gave me a "goodwill gesture" and waived £60!!!!! i have since written my data request letter this morning and await their reply.

Abbey are quite shabby ;) when it comes to how they treat their customers (purely my opinion) ..... listen you have found the most exciting place on the internet right now and all you need to do is follow the proven process that we have here and you will be fine and have all your money back in no time (well a little time perhaps!)

Keep reading the forums, expecially the abbey ones and ensure you read the longer threads to give you an idea of what is going to happen in terms of responces from abbey throughout your claim!!

Best of luck

Welcome to CAG! :):)