Bus Lane PCN in Cricklewood London

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I strayed into a bus lane as I was lost as soon as I noticed I was in the lane i pulled straight back out.

I have appealed hoping that they will let me off on compassionate grounds you never know.

I've attached the images and paperwork in case they've made any mistakes and I can escape paying the fine any advice would be grateful.

noticeimagehandler4.jpg

noticeimagehandler3.jpg

noticeimagehandler2.jpg

noticeimagehandler1.jpg

pcn1.jpg

pcn2.jpg

16997978.jpg

Thanks

Lee

Edited by LEEPEARL

If the last image of your car shows what I think it does, which is you stopping and indicating into the correct lane, you did your utmost to avoid travelling any further down that you did. Appeal may be good, you have the right to. The letter seems a bit harsh though, there's no mention of appeal.

It also looks like from the lower three images that you have only just entered the bus lane since the line that designates its presence is broken and the rear portion is angled towards the kerb.

The local authority near here has claimed in their Notice of Rejection documentation that they run a 'discretionary' rule, where vehicles are allowed to travel some small distance in the lane before they are deemed to be in contravention. Having challenged them though on this, they have taken it up to the final stage of the PATAS system, then don't bother to provide backing correspondence on the day, wasting your time and effort to challenge, and the services of the Adjudicator.