EGG loan - Settled with Clarity, now Freds/carter, but owned by Brits

Huff&Puff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in 2008, before I discovered CAG, I made a Full and Final settlement with Clarity over an Egg loan. I still have all the correspondence and the acceptance letter from Clarity. Then last week, out of the blue, I got this letter from Egg:

Egg-Letter-24Jun11-edited.png

And today I got this from Arrow:

NoA-Egg-25Jun11-edited.png

It will now be well statute barred in any case, so it seems to me that I'm covered any which way. Either they accept the F&F letter, or they don't and it's Stat Barred. Do you think this requires any sort of response at this stage?

prob fleeced in the first place on a debt you did not need to settle

anything on your CRA?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When the F&F was made was it stated that the balance must not be sold or assigned after the sttlement

was made, I notice reference to Wetcott were they involved at any time?

If you have all the docs relating I would check carefully on the terms of the settlement.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I do wonder if they are trying on with the balance left after the F&F, taking it as a payment that has

restarted the 6 year clock.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

prob fleeced in the first place on a debt you did not need to settle

anything on your CRA?

dx

I probably didn't need to settle. On the other hand, it was for 11%, so I was reasonably happy at the time. Nothing on the CRA.

When the F&F was made was it stated that the balance must not be sold or assigned after the sttlement

was made, I notice reference to Wetcott were they involved at any time?

If you have all the docs relating I would check carefully on the terms of the settlement.

I don't recall whether Wescott were involved. I did a lot of head burying at one stage :(

From the F&F letter:

...I am writing to confirm that our client would be willing to accept a payment of £xxx as full and final settlement on the above account

For peace of mind perhaps a letter to Westcott stating the F&F

In view of the note from the settlement ignore unless something crawls out of the wood work.

Your welcome you have done most of the work yourself.

Good luck keep us posted.

Brig.

I had the same issue with Citi and Cabot. I sent Citi a formal complaint regarding the undue stress and anxiety that selling this alleged debt had caused due to Cabot harassing me for settlement. I also pointed out their lack of transparency regarding any outstanding balance and that I believed their conduct in accepting a F&F and then selling it on to be misleading unfair and contrary to professional diligence.

I have been offered £50 compensation by Citi in response to this complaint and Cabot have confirmed that they will not be contacting me again regarding this matter.

I do wonder if they are trying on with the balance left after the F&F, taking it as a payment that has

restarted the 6 year clock.

I on the other hand think that they have taken the payment in F&F, then claimed the rest of it through their insurance, and are now being so blatantly rapacious that they are passing round non existent paperwork debts so that the whole sad sorry world of debt buyers & sellers can continue fabricating accounts to show off and willy wave at each other......allegedly!

OFT&TS might like to hear of this little ploy!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I suspect the letters have been issued in error. They probably did a query on all accounts passed to recovery within a period of time, in order to generate the letters on bulk to all those that may be affected by this change.

I doubt you will hear anything more, but if you do you have the info about the F&F to send them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Regardless it is a miserable argument that they "may" have issued them in "error" you still need to lodge formal complaints about them to those responsible for regulating them, otherwise people will continue giving them the benefit of the doubt and sit on their laurels hoping it is just an admin error.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 months later...

I'm afraid I need to resurrect this old thread. Wescot have now sent me a threatogram demanding payment for the balance after the F&F settlement figure is taken off :mad: I notice they have been very careful to obfuscate exactly what the alleged debt is, and who it was originally with too.

I'm not sure how to best proceed with this - should I:

• Ignore them for a while
  • Write a snotty letter to Clarity
  • Write a snotty letter to Wescot

Or I'm open to any other iders that my fellow Caggers may have :)

Nice calm but firm formal complaints to both, I

would suggest sending the complaints to the compliance managers

of each company

did warn you...

is it showing on your cra file?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The best advice I can give on this

point is check CRAs at least every

3 months if you have ongoing problems.

then you owe nowt!

dx

and they