can i exchange after 3 months?

vw_golf_nutter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a musical bedtime toy for my daughter back in July. She uses it every night to go to bed and will not sleep properly without it.

Last night it malfunctioned and the insides burnt! Very dangerous considering its a babies toy. I have written to the manufacturer but in the meantime I need to replace this toy for my daughter. I no longer have my receipt but I have the original packaging and also my bank statement showing a card purchase to Argos for £16.99 on that date.

Is this enough to be able to exchange the faulty item? I know the sales of goods act covers non-perishable goods for 1 yr but is that with a receipt or not and is that in the store you purchased it from?

Thank you

hello, as far as i remember you do not need a receipt as proof of your purchase. (same for all retailers, despite what they say)

providing that you can prove you purchased the item from them, you do not need a receipt. your receipt in this instance would be your bank statement showing the £16.99 you paid to argos. insides burning on a babies toy is frightening! i hope argos will withdraw this line whilst they found out what exactly went wrong!

going off topic slightly, the sales of goods act can cover for more than a year! for example, if you purchased a tv from argos for £600, you would expect it to last more than a year....

I bought a musical bedtime toy for my daughter back in July. She uses it every night to go to bed and will not sleep properly without it.

Last night it malfunctioned and the insides burnt! Very dangerous considering its a babies toy. I have written to the manufacturer but in the meantime I need to replace this toy for my daughter. I no longer have my receipt but I have the original packaging and also my bank statement showing a card purchase to Argos for £16.99 on that date.

Is this enough to be able to exchange the faulty item? I know the sales of goods act covers non-perishable goods for 1 yr but is that with a receipt or not and is that in the store you purchased it from?

Thank you

Definitely okay, but I would make sure that someone in authority listen to my complaint and not just the person behind the counter. Secondly write to Argos head office.