Transcom Worldwide/motormile finance uk/old simplyBe debt - says debt cannot be SB'ed!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Add this to the template. '' I do not acknowledge any debt to TWW or any company you claim to represent.''

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in Scotland.

I've checked with experian and there is nothing, never had anything from ebay either, certainly never made any payments or acknowledged any debit and I have absolutely no idea where its come from.

I'll try and setup a recorded call though. I'm sure they won't be keen.

You are nor obliged to tell the they are being recorded I never tell anyone:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 2 weeks later...
Good MMF are admitting these debts are SB just leave TWW hanging do no more, I have started the complaint trail to the OFT, this not a small problem I think.

Leave TWW out of the loop, please let me know if TWW come back to you.

I think you misunderstood my post and, on looking at it again it was probably my grammar. I was asking whether I should also send a letter to MMF as it would appear, from the letter you received from them, that they are responding more quickly than Transcom. To date I still haven't heard from Transcom but will keep you posted if I have any news.

On a slightly different matter and for information, I also sent the same letters to Lowells regarding an old debt and I received a letter yesterday where they agreed the debt was statute barred and have told me they will not be contacting me again - Result!!! Yahoo.

YES excellent result, and yes cintactr MMF address to Barry Ellershaw, OFT are aware.

• 5 weeks later...

and where did you get those pearls of wisdom from

a corn flake packet!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What absolute nonsense any debt credit or not becomes SB same conditions apply.

Where is the relevance of that post on a thread regarding Somplybe????

• 2 months later...

My husband has today received a letter from Transcom for a whopping £1400+ !!! The letter doesn't state who the original client is. I suspect it to be a very old catalogue debt, certainly statute barred by a few years. He had a doorstep visit from provident last year regarding this debt. I sent them on their way and told them not to come back. I am going to draft a prove it letter today for him to send.

I just wondered what, if anything, has happened with the complaint, Brigadier?

Hi, Arrow Global are debt purchaser they have aquired a portfolio of old catalogue accounts many of which are statute barred.

Do you know when the last payment or WRITTEN acknowledgment of the debt would have been made?

Also is the debt shown on credit reference files?

No, This isn't on the Credit reference file. All the catalogue type debts that he had dropped off his file between 2&4 years ago. I don't know which debt this is, as it doesn't say so the nearest I can pin point it to is between 8 &10 years ago.....before I sorted him out! lol the last payment of any of these debts was 8 years ago, likewise any acknowledgements. I know it's statute barred and It's nothing to worry about. I only looked here because I've dealt with the vast majority of DCAs over the last few years, but have never come across Transcom until today.

OK so statute barred.

Send the follwing to :

Mr. Kevin Dodd

Director TWW Ltd

Ref: as on their letter

Dear Mr Dodd,

I refer to a letter from TWWLtd dated aa aa aaaa in which you state to be agents of Arrow Global regarding a debt for £xxx.xx regarding a simply B account, please note I do not acknowledge any debt to TWW ltd or its client Arrow Global.

Having researched my credit history I have concluded any such alleged debt is statute barred and will not therefore make any payment regrding the alleged debt.

Should TWW Ltd wish to dispute the status of the alleged debt you are reminded that the onus o providing unequivocal proof that this is not statute barred falls entirely on TWW and its client.

This is my final response..

My feelig is that you may receive a nonsense reply from TWW stating that they have received the letter and ''can confirm that this account does not fall under the Limitations Act 1980 and is therefore not statute barred''. The have been sending this silly reply to loads of people in your situation.

thanks very much for that. I will send the letter and post up the reply if/ when I get it.

Good Luck Jack!!