I am being forced to buy a used car !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OFT told me DSR definitely does apply in this case and if anyone should know they should . Regardless of the DSR law and the courts act on a simple bases of common sense (regardless how hard as it is to believe sometimes !) . I paid for an item then decided i didn't want it , i didn't touch the item before purchase , didn't even look at it . I didn't remove it from the shop and i certainly did not de-value it in any way whatsoever .

In law this is a no brainer the money should be returned full stop . I'm not sure what , if any , powers of punishment a court can set down in cases like this but i'm pretty sure the judge would not be very happy with the seller for wasting the courts time .

I of course would like to see this guy in court BUT i'm inclined to think this guy is a bogus trader and faces far greater consequences from an OFT investigation than he would ever face in a small claims court . Whats the betting he has never paid sales tax or any duty on anything , his entire stock of vehicles and even his home could be confiscated if customs and excise get involved . All for 350 quid - the plonker !

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I of course would like to see this guy in court BUT i'm inclined to think this guy is a bogus trader and faces far greater consequences from an OFT investigation than he would ever face in a small claims court . Whats the betting he has never paid sales tax or any duty on anything , his entire stock of vehicles and even his home could be confiscated if customs and excise get involved . All for 350 quid - the plonker !

I thought you would have notified customs and exercise already? Hehehe! :wink:

• 1 month later...

Well just had an email from fair trading , apparently they've sent him a final letter saying make me an offer or it will go to a small claims court .

I don't want an "offer" i want my money back ! . By the looks of things i should have just gone straight to the courts myself . On the bright side i suppose the fact karhouse has completely ignored the office of fair trading makes the case i was bound to win anyway even more solid .

• 3 weeks later...

The Office of Fiar Trading sent me a letter today saying "though we made considerable efforts to to help you with this matter the seller ignored us so you will have to take him to court yourself" .

So i have to assume the office of fair trading actual exists to assist rogue traders break the law .

No, the OFT never takes court action on behalf of a private person. You have alsways had to do that.

you can go to court and you can win but it's not a guarantee that you will get any money back, he can just ignore the courts as well.

The Office of Fiar Trading sent me a letter today saying "though we made considerable efforts to to help you with this matter the seller ignored us so you will have to take him to court yourself" .

So i have to assume the office of fair trading actual exists to assist rogue traders break the law .

Ask the TS/OFT for copies of communication with Karhouse so that you can use them to show that numerous attempts were made by yourself to resolve the issue before doing court.

• 4 weeks later...