AA Home 'Emergency' Response

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently brought a new [to me] car, and as you don’t know a car until you’ve had it for a while I took out an AA membership – which I did via Quidco so it worked out about half price.

Anyway the kind people at the AA gave me a ‘free’ 6 months trial for their Home Emergency Response – and whilst I’d never take out such cover under my own choice I thought it was a cleaver way of pushing a product.

Which brings me to yesterday we got up in the morning and noticed the toilet was blocked, also when we ran the tap in the basin the toilet filled up and when we filled used the shower the water takes ages to run away.

So we went to Wickes brought a plunger & a toilet rod and had a go at removing the blockage…long story short we couldn’t fix it…then I remembered the AA, I checked the T&Cs and it stated that if it’s the only WC then they consider it an emergency.

I called them at 8.40 last night and I explained that we’d had a go at the usual things and this was more serve than a simple plunger job. The popped me on hold for a few mins and said they would attend between 8am – 12pm today…not exactly an emergency response when its 12-15 hours after the call but I accepted this as it was cheaper than calling a plumber our of hours.

12pm came and went no one in our house has been able to shower or use the toilet for over 24 hours now so I’m getting twitchy, add this to the fact I’ve had to take the morning off at zero notice and I decide to call them – they said the guys on his way and to wait another 20 mins – I waited 40 and her turned up.

He comes in and looks at the toilet full to its brim and I can see his discomfort – he said “I know this isn’t what you want to hear but I’m actually an electrician” – amazing, I wasn’t even angry it was too funny!

So bless him he got a plunger and had a go any way – he spilled poo everywhere and made it worse – admitting defeat he cleaned up and called the office.

They’ve just called me back within 5 mins of him leaving and they’re going to subcontract this out. I’m not waiting for them to call me back with a time but no word if it will be today or not – It’s really unacceptable!

I don’t expect an solution here just wanted to sound off :S

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

I recently brought a new [to me] car, and as you don’t know a car until you’ve had it for a while I took out an AA membership – which I did via Quidco so it worked out about half price.

Anyway the kind people at the AA gave me a ‘free’ 6 months trial for their Home Emergency Response – and whilst I’d never take out such cover under my own choice I thought it was a cleaver way of pushing a product.

Which brings me to yesterday we got up in the morning and noticed the toilet was blocked, also when we ran the tap in the basin the toilet filled up and when we filled used the shower the water takes ages to run away.

So we went to Wickes brought a plunger & a toilet rod and had a go at removing the blockage…long story short we couldn’t fix it…then I remembered the AA, I checked the T&Cs and it stated that if it’s the only WC then they consider it an emergency.

I called them at 8.40 last night and I explained that we’d had a go at the usual things and this was more serve than a simple plunger job. The popped me on hold for a few mins and said they would attend between 8am – 12pm today…not exactly an emergency response when its 12-15 hours after the call but I accepted this as it was cheaper than calling a plumber our of hours.

12pm came and went no one in our house has been able to shower or use the toilet for over 24 hours now so I’m getting twitchy, add this to the fact I’ve had to take the morning off at zero notice and I decide to call them – they said the guys on his way and to wait another 20 mins – I waited 40 and her turned up.

He comes in and looks at the toilet full to its brim and I can see his discomfort – he said “I know this isn’t what you want to hear but I’m actually an electrician” – amazing, I wasn’t even angry it was too funny!

So bless him he got a plunger and had a go any way – he spilled poo everywhere and made it worse – admitting defeat he cleaned up and called the office.

They’ve just called me back within 5 mins of him leaving and they’re going to subcontract this out. I’m not waiting for them to call me back with a time but no word if it will be today or not – It’s really unacceptable!

I don’t expect an solution here just wanted to sound off :S

You should ask the AA £40....

If YOUR not at home in the alotted time slot and they call they may charge an attendance fee of £40.

They never attended your property in the alloted lot. chance your arm