RS components: Charged extra AFTER order confirmation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, today I ordered something from RS components. During checkout, there was no delivery charge but when I got an order confirmation, they added one! I have contacted to see what they say, but reading there terms and conditions, they seem to be pretty tight-fisted. Also, I have emails from them to prove the added charge. Is there anything else I can do (or what if they refuse to refund me).

Similarly, under DSR can I reclaim delivery charges? Their website states that:

The RS website is intended for use by business customers and not by consumers or private individuals. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions of sale shall affect the statutory rights of a Customer who deals as a consumer.
, so does this change my position with regards to this statement.

Thanks

Update: I got a response from RS, and they refunded me back. They did mention that if I hovered over a little question mark by the delivery info, I would find out that they charge private individuals. However, in my opinion this is a poor implementation. First of all, they should have wrote this in their T&Cs (they didn't write it on the delivery bit but added an addendum near the bottom) and, at least refer to it on the delivery checkout page and not in a hover box (or make the totals add up properly, which was my main issue of contention). Although, I'm pleased with this conclusion, it doesn't explain why I got two different invoice amounts via email (not that Im too bothered by it now, just to mention it).

Update: I got a response from RS, and they refunded me back. They did mention that if I hovered over a little question mark by the delivery info, I would find out that they charge private individuals. However, in my opinion this is a poor implementation. First of all, they should have wrote this in their T&Cs (they didn't write it on the delivery bit but added an addendum near the bottom) and, at least refer to it on the delivery checkout page and not in a hover box (or make the totals add up properly, which was my main issue of contention). Although, I'm pleased with this conclusion, it doesn't explain why I got two different invoice amounts via email (not that Im too bothered by it now, just to mention it).

I have just been caught by this one! Deliberately misleading I will make a formal complaint in writing. I would not of completed the transaction if I had been shown the true cost. A real cheap trick to [problem] people out of money. The postage cost more than the part.