council rehousing issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My son and daughter in law have been isued an eviction notice by the landlords of the flat they are in, since my son's grandmother died. They were living with her, as my d-in-law was a full time care assistant for her. They have applied to be rehoused by the council who want to rehouse them outside of the borough to an area that is very far away.They have been told that if they refuse the offer of housing thay will be making themselves intentionally homeless. What options are open to them now? Can anyone help?

They have a 10 month old baby who is looked after during the day by her mother, nearby, so that she can look for work (she works at present on a casual/temp basis locally)

Best wishes

Hello JooJoo, welcome to the CAG.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is.

It can seem confusing at first but you will start to find your way round and to understand what a helpful community we are.

You haven't received any replies to your post yet. Try posting your query again in a relevant sub-foum. You will get the help and support you need there.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Hi JooJoo

There really isnt much that can be done as you have applied for rehousing by the council and they have offered a property and they are correct if the councils policy states that if you then refuse the offer you will be intentionally classed as homeless which put you in an even worse position where it could be years before they offer a property as you are classed as intentionally homeless.

You may not like that the council have done this but in reality the council have followed process and offered you a property it may not be your prefered location but they have made the offer and are following the process.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

My son and daughter in law have been issued an eviction notice by the landlords of the flat they are in, since my son's grandmother died. They were living with her, as my d-in-law was a full time care assistant for her. They have applied to be rehoused by the council who want to rehouse them outside of the borough to an area that is very far away.They have been told that if they refuse the offer of housing that will be making themselves intentionally homeless. What options are open to them now? Can anyone help?

They have a 10 month old baby who is looked after during the day by her mother, nearby, so that she can look for work (she works at present on a casual/temp basis locally)

Best wishes

Hello JooJoo

Sorry to hear of this problem

1st tell son and daughter in law Not to move out until court bailiffs tell them to leave...

There may be one avenue to explore 1st.

Can I ask how Long grandmother had been living at her address for and also can I ask how Long son and daughter in law had been living with grandmother for.

Is it a private landlord or housing association where grandmother lived ?

There may or may not be succession rights depending on what date grandmother 1st moved in and how long son and daughter in law had been living with grandmother for ?1aK+F4PJ7cBm32CUNiyI2GAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice

Contact Shelter - I am sure they will be able to offer some advice. We have a Shelter Representative on the forums, I will get them a shout as well :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Guest jamesatshelter

Hi,

You can get comprehensive, free advice from Shelter on our helpline - 0808 800 4444

Or there may be face to face advice services near you - search here http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice

Shelter advisers may be able to represent you by writing letters and challenging council decisions.

Good luck,

James

Will JooJoo know where the post has been moved from ?

:lol: Yes, he/she will get notifications that people are posting on the thread.. it is only an administrative action and makes no difference to the links :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D