Holiday pay accrued when employment ended

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was employed on the basis of basic plus bonus (the bonus was the majority of my wage). I ended my employment with holiday pay outstanding.

The company have since confirmed in writing that

1) Holiday pay I received is for basic salary only.

2) Holiday pay is based on average earnings (basic plus bonus).

3) Other employees have confirmed in writing they were paid on basic plus bonus for holidays taken the same month.

4) My ex employers will not offer any explanation for the shortfall.

I cannot go to the Employment Tribunal as it is out of time but any advice is appreciated.

Edited by sutton6344
Correction

Ah, I see.

Well in that case, it hard to say without seeing your contract. Sometimes enhanced pay rates can be covered for holiday pay purposes.

If it is owing to you, it's still open to you to bring a county court claim, as you have 6 years rather than just three months in the ET.

I'm confused - is this a bonus payment or holiday pay?

If its withholding pay due to a discriminatory reason, that's the Equality Act, but you said you were past the deadline for an ET claim.

You can issue for unpaid wages in the county court - but if it's a discretionary bonus payment, you won't be automatically entitled to it and you could lose.

Sorry for the confusion again lol

It is holiday pay that should have been paid on average earnings.

I am past the ET deadline but as other employees with the same job description under the same contract were paid average earnings and I received basic salary only, I believe I was discriminated against (maybe because I left).