Police Commissioner 'who'?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Will you be voting for a Police Commissioner November 15  

9 Caggers have voted

1. 1. Will you be voting for a Police Commissioner November 15

• yes
    • no

I've had a leaflet and the voting cards, but still have no idea who is standing. How are we supposed to vote for anyone when we don't even know their name let alone any qualifications they might have to take on this highly paid job.

http://uknationalforums.com/showthread.php?552-What-is-this-all-about

It might as well be. We are expectd to vote for someone to be the boss of our police but we don't know who they are or even if they have had any experience.

This whole thing stinks to me.

is it too late to put myself forward to stand?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

yes I agree Coniff, I was only saying the same thing to my friend the other day. I saw the candidates on the tele the other night. They were talking about what they would do if they were elected about the bloke who resigned yesterday, the chief constable of West Yorks. If he had not been in the news I doubt if we would have ever heard of them. I always vote but I am not going to vote for this shower. If they cant be bothered then neither canI!

I have to agree also. No names have even been mentioned where I live, so how can it be a true result. I can see the only votes any of them get are from friends and family. The more of them you have, the better your chances of winning. I can feel a few bribes going on (mines a lager please Ociffer:spit:).

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

At least they've not printed £350,000 worth of ballot papers in Wales, and binned them and re-printed them with English and Welsh on them... oh wait a mo... http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oct/29/police-commissioner-election-ballots-blunder

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

The problem is if you do not vote, you may allow the wrong person into office. In the West Mercia area we have a choice of a former army officer (Tory), former policeman now businessman (Independent) and a Dr with no experience for the Labour party. Why are politics being brought into it?

I do NOt agree with the post especially when we see cutbacks in the police force and less men patrolling the streets. The salary that the PC will earn will equate to nearly 3 policeman on the beat!

had our voting cards but no idea who is standing in our area, tbh the turnout is not likly to be great so its not really a representative view, but then again if we dont know who they are how the hell can we vote ?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

I know that our former Labour MP who was the best we ever had is standing round here, but otherwise no idea. Given his track record I'm more than happy to vote for him, but the whole thing seems an expensive shambles.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

We finally got something through the letter box for my wife they could not even get her name etc correct gives you lots of hope don't it. She was a Miss not Mrs was Margeret not Margaret god help us.

dpick

• 2 weeks later...

So, today's the day. I think the turnout figures will be so low that it should embarrass the Libdems whose idea this was. It's not wonder they have never been and never will be in power.

I won't be bothering to vote and will interested in reading the turnout figures.

So, today's the day. I think the turnout figures will be so low that it should embarrass the Libdems whose idea this was. It's not wonder they have never been and never will be in power.

I won't be bothering to vote and will interested in reading the turnout figures.

Unfortunately when the incumbent messes up and it costs money, you will be wondering why they got the job. Most of them, over 90%, seem to have no experience in police matters or managing a large budget. In the long run it will be the taxpayer that will suffer as council tax increases to cover the costs of their mistakes!

Problem I have is that nothing has been posted through the door about the candidates NOTHING so how the hell do they expect me to vote for them.

dpick

Spot on. The only way you had any info on them was by logging Online which is hardly fair as there are millions of voters who are not Online. None of the candidates canvassed in our area.

This whole election is a farce and hopefully it will be shown as such and is also a complete waste of resources and taxpayers money when we are supposed to be cutting back! promises of more bobbies on the beat, but how will this happen if the Home Secretary restricts your budget or cash flow? Your promises become meaningless.

The money would have been better spent on employing more policeman or updating facilities crime scene. It seems that all the "has beens" like former Labour Tory MPs are applying for the job.

what a waste of time and space...though in fairness it must be a good 'gig' as our local MP has resigned his seat in order to stand for the position, 'much more money old boy' so we have a vote for the pcc and for a new MP personally if I am going to vote am going to add to bottom of the ballot paper X NONE OF THE ABOVE....

ah yes but extremely lucrative for the person that gets the job....100k a year, its bl**dy ridiculous, and a complete waste of taxpayers money....jobs for the boys spring to mind!!

an election nobody asked for or wanted...typical of this govt

I voted. Very nearly spoilt my card.

Think it's a bit rich that a lot of money has been spent on something that hardly anyone is turning up to vote for, especially when we're constantly being told we don't have two pennies to rub together...

Already the political parties are crowing about their "wins". We voted Independent who is an ex-policeman and he got the job! Still do not agree with the position and I think the highest turnout we saw was 15%! Surely this sends a message to the government that the taxpayers do not want this extra burden when we are all tightening our belts.

the people voted in are all claiming they have a mandate....how the hell can they claim this when the turnout was a max of 15% ?

does this now mean that when a union takes a strike vote but the turnout is only 15% this will also be taken as a mandate for strike action...or is there 'one law for one, and one law for another' this farce needs to be stopped now and these posts abolished forthwith