Contribution Only Benefits

SweetLorraine
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I signed on a couple of months ago after losing my job through redundancy. Because of the redundancy payment I am only entitled to contributions-based benefits. I get a JSA payment of £71 per week.

Last week I was given a job application action plan and I noticed in the blurb that (according to the JobCentre) I do not pay rent or Council Tax.

In fact I do live in rented accommodation and I do pay Council Tax. I asked the job advisor to change the statement but I was told it didn't matter and it wasn't changed.

Am I entitled to 'contribution-based' housing benefits which would cover my rent (to some extent) and Council Tax?

If so can I get it back-dated as it appears to be an error made by the JobCentre?

Any advice would be most helpful.

There isn't any such thing as contribution-based Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit. Any payment of those would be means tested. That means that they're based on your household income, including that of your partner if you have one. They would also consider your capital (savings) as applicable. Did the redundancy payment take your savings over £16,000?

Also, when you applied for JSA, did you apply for both contribution based and income based JSA?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.