Comet Service still a disgrace

Heversham1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Title refers to another post in 2011 clearly nothing changed in 2012!

I took my 18 month old Panasonic NN-CF778SBPQ combination oven/microwave back to Comet when its inverter failed.

This meant that although the oven still worked fine, the microwave didn't work at all.

No problem because although the part was expensive, I had wisely (or so I thought!) taken out Comet's extended warranty.

The store advised me on Friday August 24 that the repair could take up to 28 days, but was unlikely to do so.

A good job I thought as maybe some people might be using this oven as their main means of cooking! 28 days seemed a very long time for a product that might well have a daily use.

There was no sign at all of a quick repair, so I calculated out 28 "working days" (just to be sure) and found that it was due back by the 4 October.

I tried to call the store, but of course you need to call an 0844 number at high rate per minute, then wait 20+ minutes to connect, in order to chase up Comet's bad service.

I got a promise that someone would call me.

They did to say the part wasn't yet in stock and would take a week (I could have sourced it myself from the net on a 24 hour delivery with ease).

I waited - nothing.

So I decided to avoid phone costs that merely added insult to injury, and email them instead.

This time I was told that whoever said 28 days was mistaken because they only agree to a 'reasonable amount of time' for repairs.

Is it me or is over six weeks 'unreasonable'?

Days later, I then received a random phone message from either the store or Comet central to say the part was delayed (again?)

and would now not be ready until Monday the 15th October. Needless to say I have heard nothing.

My microwave is not old at 18 months.

In fact the microwave aspect of it has hardly been used at all, it was bought mainly to use as a second oven.

I am unsure what to do next.

Comet seem to have absolutely no concept of what customer service actually means.

Most definitely will not be buying either goods or warranties from them again.

Make time of the essence and give them 10 days from receipt of the recorded delivery letter you are about to send them.

You can say that it if isn't returned in a repaired condition within that time, you want it back how it is and will get someone else to repair it and bill them for the cost 'and' demand a full refund of the rip-off extended warranty premium. Failure to comply with your instruction 'will' result in further action being taken.

And no please or request, firm but not grovelling