myloan.co.uk help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have read loads of bad news stories regarding the myloan 69.99 [problem] and could honestly cry. I only had £70 left in my account for weeks shopping and they took it! I have not given ,y card details to them ever, I wouldn't as it says on their main front page that they take £69.99 and I would never have signed up for something asking for that kind of money. I rang my bank which is halifax and they seemed to be able to reel off the t & c s from myloan which was odd. Whats even more bizarre is that I found myloan emails in my spam now that I've looked and on the same day there is another email in my spam with photos removed as always happens with spam but you can see the link for the picture and it reads myloanquote.co.uk and Halifax logo ??? Is this just a coincidence do you think or have Halifax somehow released my card details?

I feel gutted but have now emailed and written out a letter by recorded delivery to be sent to myloan to ask for a refund and to have my account cancelled immediately, I;ve also told them I do not authorise them to take any payments from my card as I've just read in their t & cs

Section 5. Fees

Should the £1 validation payment accept at any stage during the 60 days then we will attempt to take £68.99 once per day until you notify us in writing that you wish Us to cancel such attempts or a period of 60 days has passed

I'm now panicking that in theory they could take £68.99 from my account every day, not that they'd have much luck with that.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Apparently so but I have not signed up with them nor applied on their site. The email that I found in spam is dated September and I haven't been near anything like this since starting my DMP about 6 months ago because I know I;m not allowed to! I have asked them to cancel the account I apparently have with them and refund my money but all the things I've have found on the internet suggests I better not hold my breath :( so upset.

Thank you, I have spoken with someone this morning and have just completed the refund form but judging by things I've read I had better not hold my breath! Hopefully I will be able to feedback something positive...ever the optimist!

Hi Deb,

I unfortunately got caught by this as well and had £69.99 taken from my account. I immediately rang them the morning it came out and demanded a refund. The guy on the phone was very pleasant, sent me the "refund" form out via email and I filled it in and sent it back. They advised that it would taken up to 30 days for the refund to show in my account. Fair enough I thought, although not exactly ideal as I needed the money so I mailed them back advising that 30 days was not good enough and I wanted the refund within 5 working days and they said I should receive the refund on a specific date about two weeks from now. OK, I thought I’ll wait until that day and then check my bank. Lo and behold on the day he advised, no refund. Emailed back and he then advised it would be a further 5 days ... to cut a long story short, this went on for around 6-7 weeks, emailing back and forth, myloan stating that they had refunded me and me advising them they had not. I rang my bank to see if there were any pending transactions on the account, nothing.

After coming on here to look for some advice (thanks guys) I threatened them with a complaint to the OFT etc, which I actually did. Anyway, 7 weeks after I first requested a refund I got it back, the full £69.99 I may add. There must have been around 20-30 emails (do not bother calling them, complete and utter waste of time) but please persevere and threaten legal action, OFT etc and they will eventually return your hard earned money.

They are a complete shower of *******! Hope this helps as I had nearly given up at one point but kept at them!

Let us know how it goes!

thegolster