PCN Ealing Borough, Loading Bay contravention - don't know what to do please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning,

I received a parking contravention today from Ealing borough of London.

I don't remember what I bought that day but I usually buy groceries from the shop near the bay on my way home (which can be seen in the picture). I have been parked there on several occasions and this is the only ticket they sent, and a good clue is that I was only there for a short period of time. I have now read their rules on their website and it seems it is a 24 hour loading bay (which I didn't realise). I only go to the shop at night.

Here is the link for the PSN image http://s10.postimage.org/ywkga3ap5/PCN.jpg

PCN.jpg

I really don't know what to lay as an arguement. I would be grateful if you could advise me. I feel so robbed.

A seperate point is that I got a ticket earlier this year from the opposite end of the road. Again I was parked for 5 minutes. I tried to argue that the goods I came for were not available hence my short stay and they denied the appeal. I parked at 6pm, so I thought my mistake was that I parked during the designated hours of 9-6:30pm. Since I have been shopping there for months with no issues, I honestly thought that the mistake was because it was inside the 6:30 time slot. I have however parked for a short period of time yet again and this time gotten a ticket.

I appreciate your time and help. I thank you in advance.

Safiyyah

Do you have any recent pictures of this bay.

It does not comply to the required bay markings as it has no dashed white line to denote a bay of any kind and the sign is not a permitted variant of loading only, restriction times must be accompanied by a yellow stripe on the kerbside edge of the bay and one of the permitted variant signs used. .

The sign must say no loading or goods vehicle loading only, the 20 minutes is not a permitted variant unless they have an exemption TRO

this advice is based upon the signs as shown on google.

Expert on Parking matters, Banned by MSE ! along with other parking experts on orders of the BPA !

here to SAVE you money !

Sorry about my delayed response, I had no internet access the past two days.

Micheal Browne, Yes that is exactly how the bay is although I don't remember seeing the yellow sign when I was there, I will drive by this week and take a picture.

So am I write the appeal stating this with no excuse as to why I was parked there?

Given what you guys are saying. I am wondering about the old PCN they gave me earlier this year on the opposite side of the road, if the displays do not meet regulations, can I write to them to refund me the money although I already paid? How does one re-open old cases?

Edited I can now see dashed lines to the roadside edge on another angle, so get some pictures to show if they have worn away ?

Edited by vax2002

Expert on Parking matters, Banned by MSE ! along with other parking experts on orders of the BPA !

here to SAVE you money !

The dashed lines are definitely there, I will be back in the area this Saturday, as I do not live in London, so will be sure to take some pictures. My only claim that the loading bay has no clear restriction times and the time restrictions not being a permitted variant.... it seems