5 month old tv

jodyperry
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

my dad bought a tv from comet 5 months ago and he went away for the week last week.

When he came back the tv wouldn't work.

He phoned comet who came and took it away as its still in warranty.

They have rang today and said that it's water damage and hell have to go through his own insurance.

There's no way there's been any water damage, it's no where near water, and it's just the two of them there it's not like there's kids who could of spilt anything.

Im just after some advice as to what I can say to comet as they have asked me to call them to,orrow?

Many thanks in advance x

HSBC - 11/9/06 - prem letter sent

19/9/06 - lba sent £3391 requested

5/10/06 - MCOL

17/10/06 - offer for £1600 on one account recieved

28/11/06 - Full offer recieved

Capital one - 13/9/06 -letter asking for statements sent

17/10/06 - prelim sent for £640

Lloyds TSB - 13/9/06 -letter asking for statements sent

17/10/06 - prelim sent fro £732

Lloyds TSB - 26/9/06 - prem letter sent - £391

firstly its nothing to do with warranty

itshould be repaied under SOGA

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/sogahome/forcustomers

this is the pitfall of allowing comet to do their own investigation.

ask to see a copy of the report and then tell them you want it independednly assessed.

get someone of your own choosinfg to do it

it'll all get paid under soga

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you

HSBC - 11/9/06 - prem letter sent

19/9/06 - lba sent £3391 requested

5/10/06 - MCOL

17/10/06 - offer for £1600 on one account recieved

28/11/06 - Full offer recieved

Capital one - 13/9/06 -letter asking for statements sent

17/10/06 - prelim sent for £640

Lloyds TSB - 13/9/06 -letter asking for statements sent

17/10/06 - prelim sent fro £732

Lloyds TSB - 26/9/06 - prem letter sent - £391

no bother

stand your ground

sadly as you'll see here comet are PANTS at consumer service

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Jody ,

Yes you want more of an explanation here regarding the so called water damage from COMET .

Do you have an outside Aerial connected directly to the Tv ?

If so have a look at the cable and and coax plug that connects directly into your Tv .

Slap the end of the cable on the palm of your hand if you find couple of drops of water on your hand that is where the water ingress into the Tv has come from.

This is a common cause of water ingress into Tv , FreeViewBox , Vcr, SkyBox ect the list goes on.

An Independant report would be useful also .

If and I say If the fault is due to water ingress I really cant see SOGA being of any help here and a House contents or similar insurance claim may be the only option .

Regards

GorgieBoy

Hi Jody ,

Yes you want more of an explanation here regarding the so called water damage from COMET .

Do you have an outside Aerial connected directly to the Tv ?

If so have a look at the cable and and coax plug that connects directly into your Tv .

Slap the end of the cable on the palm of your hand if you find couple of drops of water on your hand that is where the water ingress into the Tv has come from.

This is a common cause of water ingress into Tv , FreeViewBox , Vcr, SkyBox ect the list goes on.

An Independant report would be useful also .

If and I say If the fault is due to water ingress I really cant see SOGA being of any help here and a House contents or similar insurance claim may be the only option .

If you've got one of their extended warranties you may find that water damage is covered.

what a waste of money that would be

dx

and they

Hi Jody ,

We really need to hear more regarding this "water damage" initial report from COMET .

Did the Tv get examined in your Fathers house by an Engineer ? or did they just pick it up for repair ?

If the latter who is not to say the water damage was caused while under COMETS care during transportation and storage to wherever it has now ended up .

COMET have used the Term " Water Damage " as the nature of the fault and not Liquid ingress which in my mind is two different things .

I hope they give you a detailed report regarding todays phone call, I would certainly ask the question of them stating there was no water damage when the Tv left the property if your Tv was not examined in the first instance this is a point in your favour .

Until we hear more back regarding the report it is all supposition at the moment .

Many modern LCD and LED Televisions now have an important pcb that drives the screen that is located at the bottom of the Tv this unfortunately seems to attract many forms of liquid ingress such as screen cleaning spay which seeps in at the bottom of the screen between the cabinet if the ingress is severe the screen itself can be damaged eventually .

Finally did you receive a "Product Condition Report " from the people that uplifted your Tv if there is no mention of water damage this could also be in your favour.

Hopefully you can update us ASAP with regards to this issue but the way it may turn out I still cannot see it being resolved with regards to SOGA .

We await with interest .

Good Luck ,

Regards

GorgieBoy