hmrc distraint

greyone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just wondering if anyone knows im going to court tommorow for bankruptcy,two weeks ago hmrc sent in an afficer to my house and they put a distraint walking possesion on my car,which now the auctioneers are going to come and pick up on thursday.if i get my bankruptcy order tommorow will they be able to take the car?

Edited by greyone

my car is worth only £200 will they still sell and also hmrc are also trying to distraint my husbands car which they are saying is mine.which it isnt he has logbook purchase of sale and receipts in his name the only thing in my name is car insurance policy and hes named driver,can they take his car as he is no longer with me and they are saying as im the policy holder its classed as my car.im so stressed about the situation i dont know what to think anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so sorry to hear about your problems, Greyone.

I was told by the CAB that if a car isn't worth much, the body handling the bankruptcy case don't bother with it - don't know how accurate that is, but that's what CAB said.

Has HMRC forced you into bankruptcy? If so, it might be worth going to the press with your story.