Inherent fault with BEKO gas cooker.

fade2gray.uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

BEKO DG582WP gas cooker purchased online June 2010.

When this cooker was about 8 months old it developed a fault where the grill would not stay lit after ignition - no matter how long the regulator was held in. I discovered that I could get around this by holding in the regulator and simultaneously jiggling the pin that operates the grill door's gas shut-off device, but at around the 11th month even this trick failed to work and I had to call for an engineer to fix the problem.

It redeveloped the same fault around 6 months after the repair, but as the cooker was now out of warranty, I decided to start not shutting the grill door after use to prevent the shut-off device from sticking (it seems to me that the pin that operates the device may be too long, and when the grill door is shut it puts too much pressure on the device causing it to jam), but forgetting myself and shutting the door, leaving it closed overnight, has again rendered the grill useless.

Where might I stand with Argos if I claim this is an inherent fault?

Edited by fade2gray.uk

SOGA. Use it, love it. You are completely covered by it. Any other warranties are in ADDITION to SOGA. They are NOT a replacement as some companies would have you believe.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D