advice pleaese! co-op bank are ruining our lives.

le_bonn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. I hope one of you guys can give me a bit of advice on this one. The advice from received from members of this site have been a god send in the past.

I will give the whole story. It's a bit involved so plaese bare with me.

My girlfriend took out a CAREER development loan for £10k from coop, for an MA starting last September 2011.

The course turned out to be very poor and consequently her and six other people left, but still had to pay a portion of fees.

She found a more suitable MA to begin this September 2012.

The coop advised her that the best thing to do was to pay her CDL off in full, then reapply for a CDL for the new course.

They assured her that if her circumstances had not changed, she would definitely get the loan again.

So we did what we could to pay off the loan in full, used all our savings, took out 2 credit cards and maxed out our overdraughts.

My girlfiend started the new (much better quality course), we settled the children into their new childminders...

Then we found out that the coop had turned down the application.

Apparently due to a quarm with how the last account held with them was dealt with.

I'm not sure why.

Once we informed them that she had left the course and confirmed this by letter, interest began being charged on the account.

We made no payments for 2 months while we collected together enough funds, and then paid the loan back in full and closed the account.

Now the coop cannot help us on the phone as we do not hold a live account with them a.d the declines department do not speak directly to customers.

Our only choice is to appeal by post, but we want to write this properly.

We are financially crippled due to paying the loan back in full in 2 months rather than over 5 years.

Can they decline the new loan agreement on this basis, when the reason for their refusal is a direct consequence of the advice given.

I have made a formal complaint but am still waiting (been 48 hours now) for a call back.

Any help with this would be amazing. We are at a loss. Many thanks.

Edited by citizenB
formatting

Welcome to CAG, I have moved your thread to the Co-operative Bank Forums.

I am sure someone will look in on you soon, meanwhile, it might be worth you having a read of the BCOBS articles that are highlighted in green in my signature below. They might help give you some ideas on how to put together a properly formatted complaint.

I will flag your thread for others on the site team to comment.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Was the advice given in writing or over the phone?

I suspect that the lack of payment for 2 months will be the stumbling block.

In all honesty I think that your post above explains the situation and would form a good basis for a letter of complaint with a bit of tweaking. As CB says, take a look at the BCOBS and see if there is anything there that will help you.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.