Fortis lease... loan or Hire Purchase?

doughty01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this is my 1st post so please bear with me.

I had a bad car accident a month ago with a foreign driver. My car has been written off and my insurance company have sent me the cheque. I thought as there was still money outstanding to Fortis lease that the car was on HP however the insurance co say there is no finance outstanding relating to the vehicle as they have checked. Recently received a statement from Fortis lease and it does say loan agreement etc and i cant find any paperwork that states it is HP.

Sorry if im waffling. Fortis lease are expecting me to pay them everything that the insurance company have paid out. However I really do need to have a car. Can i keep the cheques, buy a car and make payments to reduce the loan? I dont want them threatening to take me to court etc. Im still very shook up from the accident and my nerves are in tatters. Does anyone have any experience of dealing with Fortis Lease at all. Thanks.

I cant find it anywhere. Because i lost my job last year they were asking me to voluntary surrender the car which i refused to do as i had already paid over 12k at that point. Then i had the accident and told them the car was a write off and now they keep asking me if the insurance company have paid me etc. They clearly do want their money and yes i agree that i do owe it. Really upset by it all as the accident was not my fault and my daughter and i were very lucky to walk away from it.

Get that cheque into your bank and cashed and earn some interest on it while you are getting things sorted.

You can send a tenner and a subject access request to the lease company. Lease is not usually done by HP.

Will bank it tmrw no idea what subject access request it but will google it ...thanks