Pre Payment Meter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

my daughter recently moved house and has pre payment meters in the house which belong to British Gas.

She rang British Gas to ask for them to be removed and replaced with normal meters,

she was told that the tarifs on the gas and electric was no different to the tarif of normal meters

so was advised to keep the meters.

Can anybody confirm that the tarifs are the same or are they higher on pre payment meters.

I have an electric key meter which I know is the same rate as a regular meter. I have a regular gas meter. I've kept my key meter as there are no nasty surprises either monthly or quarterly but I keep forgetting to check the credit on it which has left us sitting in the dark on occasions but there is always £5 emergency electric on the key.

Yes Yes, I'm weird. I tried being normal once, was the most boring 5 minutes of my life!:madgrin:

• 1 month later...

Hi

I would air caution on this advice that was given over the telephone until you actually have this confirmed in writing as it may or may not be correct but until you have it in black and white its there word against yours.

Now if she is in a rented property I would jsut check that there is nothing in the tenancy agreement about utilities meters and also just check with the landlord in a way letting them know and getting permission to do so.

This link from the Association of Meter Operators may be of help look at the FAQ Section:

www.meteroperators.org.uk/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group