UK Search Limited. Problem Phone Calls.

SOD'EM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

God knows how these have got phone numbers, but they are constantly ringing my home number (ex-directory), and my fathers home number (also ex-directory). They have left a message on his answer phone for me to get in touch with them. They have left only a contact number and reference to state. They give no details of why they are calling me.

After Googling them, I found out some very worrying information from other people whom have dealt with them. The only credit I have had was way more than six years ago (probably 8-10 years ago come to think of it), so why would they be calling me now. My dad and I both have caller ID and call barring on our phones. But every time we bar a certain number, they just ring again from another number (at least they don't try to hide their numbers). They must have a lot of numbers because I have barred 5 different ones up to now. I don't want to confront them at all as I believe that phoning them can lead to disaster unless you are 100% confident of what you are saying as they are. The last thing I want though is for them to start house calling. If they have phone numbers even though we are both ex-directory, they surely have addressess.

Has anyone else heard of these? Are they new on the block? And most of all, how do they get more information about people than other debt collectors out there?

Your views please.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Are you on the TPS service ? Also make sure you write down every time and date they call and every number they call you on. You could also write to them with an official complaint requesting that they do not call you again.

UK Search Ltd.

3 Napier Court

Barlborough Links

Chesterfield

Debt Purchase, Debt Collection & Tracing.

Mr. C.F Pool managing director.

Check your credit reference file asap.

Never, never phone these people, they will manipulate you, and intimidate I'm told one of their directors is a bailiff says it all I think.

If this is a statute barred debt then they can be stopped, get the info from your CRA files and if the debt whatever it is not showing send the following letter.

To Mr. C F Pool

Managing Director

FORMAL COMPLAINT/Telephone Harassment.

Dear Sir,

I write to complain regarding the conduct of your company in respect of an unreasonable and frankly harassing frequency and number of calls made to my home telephone and to the home of a relative, which is in breach of OFT Guidance especially as your company is leaving messages for me to make contact, your company phone numbers easily identify it as a debt collectio agency and this has caused me considerable embarrassment.

You are now required to remove ALL phone numbers you have on file relating to me or members of my family with immediate effect, are complaint is being prepared for the OFT.

If your company wishes to contact me it must be in writting via Royal Mail ( proof of posting is not acceptable as proof of delivery)

Having identified your company as debt collectors I must inform you that I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO UK SEARCH Ltd. OR ANY COMPANY YOU MAY CLAIM TO REPRESENT.

Furthermore as I monitor my finances carefully I have no knowldge of any debt that I could have any liability for, that would not now be statute barred, therefore I formally state that I will not now or in the future make any payment or offer of payment regarding any debt you may allege is owed by me.

For clarification and to avoid any future misunderstanding:

No further telephone contact is to be made.

All telephone numbers relating to me or members of my family are to be removed from your records immediately.

Any further contact MUST be in writting.

I do not acknowledge any debt to UK Search Ltd or any company you may claim to represent.

Any alleged debt is now statute barred and I will not make any offer of payment now or in the future.

This letter is sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery and its receipt will be tracked.

Dear Sir.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: