PPI - Justification for claims?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi ALL,

Been looking through this forum a little and have some questions on my situation on whether I can claim or not.

I have a few things..

1. Natwest CC - with PPI recently cancelled (CC was taken out in 2002)

2. Loan With PPI - Recently paid off in full (taken out in 2007)

3. Virgin Credit Card with PPI - PPI cancelled 12 months ago.

The thing is I now realise how stupid I have been having PPI on all these things and it seems clear I was mis-sold. However I am not sure I can claim or not.

From memory I do not remember the conversations that were had when taking out the loan/CC`s

To add a twist to the story I now live in Japan - will this impact the claim?

I do not have a cheque book to send for my credit history with Natwest so would a letter be sufficient? What would the recommended complaints be? I was thikning of the following;

I believe that the policy was mis-sold for the following reason/s:

• I was employed at the time but your staff did not inform me that any change to this could invalidate sections of the policy during its life. I was not asked about any intended changes or informed or warned of their effects on the policy – I have since changed jobs a number of times and at least some of that I know expect would not be within the PPI remit.

• I was not made aware that this PPI was a separate agreement to the loan and that I was within my rights to source this from another company

• Your staff stated or led me to believe that taking out a policy would improve my chances of a successful application for a loan.

• Your staff painted a scenario where I would be reliant on the insurance which would not have been true for me.

• Your staff did not fully explain the policy and its exclusions to me.

Is this suitable - despite the fact I can not really remember?

Cheers all

Hi all... been reading so more and I have another question.

I know for a fact my NW CC and NW Loan both had ppi. Do I still need to dor the SAR?

I am pretty sure I can complain because I had full medical insurance and have never been worried about loosing my job - so there is why I beleive the mis-sold me the PPI.