Baines and Ernst Help '£230 admin fee - for WHAT?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

4 years ago I went to Baines & Ernst for a Debt Management Plan. I managed to get signed up and to my surprise my first bill was a £230 admin charge.

I contacted them and the lady I spoke to explained it in layman terms and said 'we put it aside for you as a deposit'. I thought nothing of it and paid it with the little money I had and carried on paying the monthly £135 towards my debts.

Due to unemployment I was unable to pay the £135 so I contacted them and tried to renegotiate the amount. They wouldn't budge and promptly closed my account.

I asked them for the deposit back as that's what I thought a deposit was for (I confirmed it didnt go towards any of the debts) and they NOW said it's an administration charge and is non refundable.

Can I get this back from them?

I've tried to write to them recently and they said 'the account is not closed and archived and we will no longer engage in correspondence with yourself'. Can they do that? I would have thought financial matters were open for 6 years until barred.

Any ideas?

4 years ago I went to Baines & Ernst for a Debt Management Plan. I managed to get signed up and to my surprise my first bill was a £230 admin charge.

I contacted them and the lady I spoke to explained it in layman terms and said 'we put it aside for you as a deposit'. I thought nothing of it and paid it with the little money I had and carried on paying the monthly £135 towards my debts.

Due to unemployment I was unable to pay the £135 so I contacted them and tried to renegotiate the amount. They wouldn't budge and promptly closed my account.

I asked them for the deposit back as that's what I thought a deposit was for (I confirmed it didnt go towards any of the debts) and they NOW said it's an administration charge and is non refundable.

Can I get this back from them?

I've tried to write to them recently and they said 'the account is not closed and archived and we will no longer engage in correspondence with yourself'. Can they do that? I would have thought financial matters were open for 6 years until barred.

Any ideas?

Hi AdridudeAs you can see I work for Baines and Ernst. If you get in touch with me with your details I will investigate this matter for you, Tel ..............

Nick, many thanks for this. I will contact you tomorrow morning. I appreciate you coming forth.

Furthermore, I have no written statement to the affect, I merely had a conversation with a lady before I made the payment. I still have my old reference number and the 'rough' date which it happened so I'll contact Nick and try and resolve this matter.

I will post with updates as time goes on, keep your eyes peeled (subscriptions open)

Just to add. I've tried to contact 'Nick' as above and they never appear to be in nor answer the phone...

HiApologies. I think you've tried to get me on my direct line number but I am normally out of the office. The number I left is our switchboard who had instruction to pass on my mobile number. I've just picked up your private email and given you my mobile number, so please feel free to contact me on that.Nick

• 1 month later...

Well 2 months are nearly here. Have spoken to him on TWO occasions. The second was to chase him and STILL no calls back.

Nick, I'm disappointed that even a Director such as yourself can't even get your own staff to contact me back about this.

Nick.. What do you suggest now? Or even CAG what do you suggest now?

Well 2 months are nearly here. Have spoken to him on TWO occasions. The second was to chase him and STILL no calls back.

Nick, I'm disappointed that even a Director such as yourself can't even get your own staff to contact me back about this.

Nick.. What do you suggest now? Or even CAG what do you suggest now?

Hi Apologies I understood that we had been in touch with you via letter some time ago. I will follow this up to see what's happened.

It's ok, Nick was kind enough to PM me his personal number. He also assured me recently (following my last post) that he has spoken to staff and that the issue is in hand. I'm not worried about prime arate numbers, I use saynoto0870.com to get geo landline numbers on that :) But thanks for the heads up :)

Well I received all of the paperwork as promised but still am extremely unhappy at how this worked out. A statement was never sent out, a copy of the front page ONLY of the signed agreement was sent and new 'following pages' of the same agreement without page sigs...

I'm taking this up with DEMSA and OFT now... I don't have the time to play pingpong with a money-hungry firm which like to 'baffle with bullish*t'. If I cant get my admin fee back, I'm sure as hell going to make them work for it... I'm sure there's enough paperwork and slavery on the way from my DEMSA and OFT complaints for my pound of flesh. It's shocking that firms like this prey on the people which need help. Unluckily for them, I'm happily on my feet now and am out for blood (so to speak).