Esa

stephen2010
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I was awarded ESA and put on the work related group.

I went to see my adviser at the job centre yesterday,and

they are sending me to this place called "working links".

They(working links) phoned me just there telling me"I had to show up with a c.v

on the 04th of October.I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks,

and am seeing a CPN.

So,can anyone give me some advice on this?

Thanks.

Edited by stephen2010

Hi everyone.

I was awarded ESA and put on the work related group.

I went to see my adviser at the job centre yesterday,and

they are sending me to this place called "working links".

They(working links) phoned me just there telling me"I had to show up with a c.v

on the 04th of October.I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks,

and am seeing a CPN.

So,can anyone give me some advice on this?

Thanks.

Phone and tell them you can't attend due to your condition, you can offer to do a phone interview with them. If they're difficult ask your CPN to write a letter explaining - copy to working links and DWP.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Phone and tell them you can't attend due to your condition, you can offer to do a phone interview with them. If they're difficult ask your CPN to write a letter explaining - copy to working links and DWP.

I told them about my conditions and they said if I don't show up I'll be sanctioned.

I can get a letter from my doctor,would that be ok? I am still waiting to hear back

from my CPN,as I have only been there once so far.Thanks.

I told them about my conditions and they said if I don't show up I'll be sanctioned.

I can get a letter from my doctor,would that be ok? I am still waiting to hear back

from my CPN,as I have only been there once so far.Thanks.

Yes, a letter from your doctor would be good if you're really not able to attend. Did you have a home visit for your atos assessment? You may also want to get a copy of your ESA85 (the atos report) to see what you scored points on - you can't be forced to do anything that the report states you can't do.

• Confused 1

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Also I was told I can't go near the job centre for another 2 years.

If someone has told you this, complain. Being on the Work Programme does mean that you will have to deal with Working Links one way or another, but nothing stops you also dealing with the Jobcentre.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Yes, a letter from your doctor would be good if you're really not able to attend. Did you have a home visit for your atos assessment? You may also want to get a copy of your ESA85 (the atos report) to see what you scored points on - you can't be forced to do anything that the report states you can't do.

No,I was assisted to the medical.Thanks for the information.I phoned up earlier on this morning,and am waiting for a call from the manager at working links.I also phoned up the DWP and the atos report is being sent out today.Just need to get appointment with my doctor.

If someone has told you this, complain. Being on the Work Programme does mean that you will have to deal with Working Links one way or another, but nothing stops you also dealing with the Jobcentre.

Yeah,I am going to put a complaint about the advisor.It's not possible for me to go to these places every week.I was told I only had to see an advisor once a month at the job centre.Some times I am housebound for weeks on end.

I had to call them back (working links) got told by the girl at the desk,that I might be able to do phone interviews.But she said another advisor would be in touch,so nothing is 100% sorted right yet.But I'll get a letter tomorrow from my doctor.There doesn't seem to be anyway to postpone the initial interview though.

Total joke the whole thing.I just want the chance to get back on my feet and not be worrying about these interviews.

Hi again.Basically got told I have to go to the induction to sign paperwork. The man that phoned said he had a women sent there yesterday with bad health problems as well,and basically they just give her a call every few weeks to check up or her and see what they can do to help her.

I'll just have to see how it goes,but I'll hopefully have my atos medical report sent through by then to back up my health conditions.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Also meant to add: he also said that I'd be with them the next 2 years.Maybe that's what the lady at the job centre meant.So I can see this happening to more of us pretty soon.

Yes, that's probably it. It's true that most of your dealings will be with Working Links, but you would still need to deal with Jobcentre Plus for payment enquiries and so on. It sounded to me like you'd be told you weren't allowed to enter the Jobcentre, which is what alarmed me.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.