Recruitment Development Solutions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In July I completed the Core Foundation for Teaching

- an 8 week online course run by Recruitment Development Solutions

- an agency claiming they can help you find a placement in a school after you have completed the course.

I already have a Teaching Assistant Certificate and a PTLLS qualification, therefore I didn't really feel I needed the course,

but I was persuaded by RDS that it will help me get into a school as a TA or a Teacher etc.

I paid over £295 for the course because of the statement saying they will secure a placement in your chosen field.

***************************We offer vocational training and continuing development courses and guidance.

Our mission is to train you to a high standard and then secure you a placement in your chosen field.

Although heavily subsidised, there will be a cost element of £295 for your enrolment onto the course which is payable by the student.****************************************

The course was OK

but I had covered most of it before and to be honest the only thing I discovered was that I needed to produce a 2 page covering letter when applying for Teaching posts. T

he instructor was very nice and the group discussions were helpful.

However when the course finished I was told that in order for them to place me in a school I would have to renew my CRB at a cost of £80

- I did this, I needed the placement now I had gone this far.

I received my CRB and have not heard from RDS again,

I have sent emails to them asking about a placement and they haven't replied.

4 months later still nothing so I sent emails to the people who had contacted me from RDS complaining about the way they have just dropped me.

They haven't even bothered to reply....

..This is not a professional approach to providing a service.

.Therefore beware if they contact you, they are only selling courses under false pretence..

.. do not fall for it.

Hello Shrew22, welcome to the CAG.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is.

It can seem confusing at first but you will start to find your way round and to understand what a helpful community we are.

You haven't received any replies to your post yet. Try posting your query again in a relevant sub-foum. You will get the help and support you need there.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Moved to the employment section.

Shrew, send a letter by recorded delivery asking the same question or a refund and give them 10 days to respond.

If they fail to reply and you can see on the Royal Mail site they have signed for your letter, then send them the same again but this time head it in bold, Letter Before Action and ask that they give you a placement or a refund, cite their terms and conditions and say there will be no further correspondence entered into and a court summons will be next.

Tell them they have 10 days in which to reply.

A couple of days after the 10 days are up, use this site - https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome - to make your claim, you can do it all online if you wish.

Don't threaten court if you don't intend to go through with it though and get all you paperwork, emails etc in order should they still not reply.

I am suing them in a small claims court at the moment as they haven't given a refund when they should. On their defence they said they have gone into liquidation on 21 August 2012.

I have a thread in retail section if you want to follow this

If you discover they haven't please let me know - i'd love to point out to the judge they are lying!!!

Edited by yourturntopay

Two obvious points. I note that their advert only states that it is their 'aim' to secure you a position, rather than guaranteeing one. Secondly, I can't understand why they would be charging you £80 for a CRB, when the actual cost of an e-CRB is £44.

Seems like a money making scheme carefully worded to me. I note that Google is littered with similar complaints about them :sad:

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!