style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can i claim back my OSC as i was told i need it and the guy who sold it to me has now been sacked for mis-selling OCS. ive tried ringing and going in but 'theres nothing they can do' all they can do is take off my OSC. ive even spoke to the regional manager and he said the same, here the email i sent to the financial ombudsman, see if they can help me and see if theres anything else i can do to get it back, thanks for your help in advance.

To Whom it may concern,

I have purchased 3 items from the company Brighthouse who are a trading company of Caversham Finance Ltd. When i went to the store in Lincoln i the first purchase i made was a 3seater and a 2seater settee. The company provide the items on a rent to buy basis, also i would need to take out there DLC (damage liability cover) and there OSC (optional service cover).

i questioned the OSC and the person who sold me the item told me that i wouldn't be able to have the item if i didn't take out BOTH of these extras which made my bill double every week, (this person has since been sacked for this exact reason the store manager told me, but the regional manager told me other wise).

I decided to take out the contract still as my family needed a new suite for our living room and we couldn't afford to buy one out right. Since buying the item i have finished paying all my payments and have purchased 2 new items one when i was a little bit of the way through that I'm still paying and one when ide finished paying the suit off and still paying, a new 37 inch TV and a kinect for my Xbox 360. When purchasing these items i was also told i NEED the DLC and the OSC.

After reading a few things online i have since realised that i didn't have to pay either for the first year as i would have a manufactures warranty on my items for the first year. Since reading this i have contacted there head office and put in a complaint to the customer relations department, they told me i would receive a telephone call off the regional manager within 48 hours, this didn't happen. this happened 9 days later, today, this is the first time he has contact me after i emailing and phoning since Thursday last week , i got a letter confirming he would ring me with 48 hours from 13th September .

i went into the store yesterday, which was Friday 21st September and they said they would contact the regional manager and get him to call me but he doesn't work Saturdays, i find this hard to believe as its Saturday 22nd September today and he rang me today for the first time. i have heard of people trying to get all there OSC payments back so i will be trying to get mine back. i understand that the DLC would be needed unless i have contents insurance for my home which i don't have.

i have also read my agreement and noticed that it says that they cannot come and take my items away without a court order if i have paid more than a third so with this in mind I've told them I'm going to keep my items and not pay any more off my bill until i have been refunded all of my OSC payments. the regional manager said that there was nothing that he could do even though the store manager said that they person who sold me them had been sacked for miss-selling OSC.

Also i have sent my 37 inch TV in for repairs and they sent me out a 32 inch TV and i told them this isn't good enough so they sent me a 42 inch TV instead, I've also told them that I'm keeping this TV and they can keep my 37 inch TV as I've been paying my OSC on a lie for 3 years.

The name of the person who sent me the letter about the telephone call conformation for the regional manager to ring me was Mr Alex Turbayne from the customer relations department and the call reference number is F0640082, the I've rang 2 or 3 times since then and sent about 4 emails too and it was 9 days and a visit to the store were i told them that i wasn't making any more payments and keeping the products i have until the regional manager rang me.

i would like to know if there is anything i can you do to help me get my money back and would appreciate any help that you could give me, if you would like anymore information please contact me and i will try my best to answer you questions. i don't think the DLC is insurance, but is being sold as insurance too but haven't researched it yet but i intend too. there's some extra information on how to contact the people involved with BrightHouse.

Thank you for your time,

[EDIT]

the settees prices: weekly payment of £11.98 + £3 OSC + £2.24 DLC = £17.22 total price £2686.32 taken out 23rd January 2010 now ended.

the TV prices: weekly payment of £6.49 + £3.50 OSC + £1.50 DLC = £11.49 total price £1091.55 taken out 27th April 2010

the kinect prices: weekly payments of £5.19 + £2.80 OSC + £1.20 DLC = £9.19 total price £477.88 taken out on 19th November 2011

these are the prices that i have been paying weekly and total prices but i have finished paying my settees off now and nearly finished paying my other 2 items off now.

Contact telephone bright house:

Regional Manager: David Nurse (I DO HAVE THIS NUMBER BUT DONT WANT TO PUT IT ON THIS WEBSITE BUT DID SEND IT IN THE EMAIL)

Lincoln Store Tel: 01522522485

Customer Relations Tel: 0800 526 069

Head Office Tel: 01923 488200

Head Office: BrightHouse Customer Relations

5 Hercules Way

Leavesden Park

Watford

WD25 7GS

Edited by citizenB
formatting

i rang the financial ombudsman yesterday and they are guna take it from there, as i didnt get a reply from email i thought ide try ringing, there guna try and speak to brighthouse and then they have 8 weeks to give me what i want and if im not happy with brighthouse's reply then i can decide to take it further which i think will probably be the outcome as they wont admit they was wrong although i no for a fact they are in the wrong, why sack someone for mis-selling then say its not that! gggrrr.

Edited by citizenB
Removed political rant !

• 1 month later...

just to give ya an update as noone seems to reply to me,

i have heard nothing from brighthouse in about 5/6 weeks apart from one phone call 4 weeks ago askin if i was paying my bill which is late,

the person on the phone had no idea about my account and what im doing so i had to explain to her and she was very accepting,

BH have just 2/3 weeks left till i ring the financial ombudsman back up and let them know that BH havent replied to me or tried to make any attempts to put things right,

i thought about writing to the head office asking why its taking so long to get talking between us both,

also ive read a few things about getting the DLC back aswell as the OSC back

is this true as i thought it would just be the OSC that i could claim back, i dont have contents insurance either.

also im going to be moving at the end of november,

with everything that going on should i tell them my new address or should i tell them to contact me by phone or email only?

im not sure as i dont want to get charged for moving the items from the property they have on the system. thanks for your time

Lee