MOTORMILE Emptied my bank account !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a debt with QQ and received many letters , calls and texts and ended up setting up a mandate using debit card to clear the debt . I filled out the mandate with a payment scheme and was advised i had to text my card 3 digit security code to them . First payment was to go out on the 20th September 2012 of £15 . Now by chance i'd asked for a period of holiday pay to be put into my account through Bacs by my employers and you can probably guess the rest , on the 20th (yesterday) MMF took the whole of the debt amount from my account of £420 ! . I contacted my bank to which they said they couldnt stop the transaction until it had gone out and further said i'd given my card details so really they couldnt see a problem with said amount taken if it was what i owed !. I rang MMF and told them they'd left me with £11.24 and i was more than happy to them take a portion towards debt but not all of it and of course i got an unsympathetic No Hard Luck but at least you cleared the Debt . I have spent hours dealing with bank yesterday and today to try and stop the payment still being processed but they say until gone they can't deny transaction i can only dispute afterwards , to me thats as good as letting a burglar sell your goods infront of you before you can act to get them back ! .

I have a copy of the Mandate given to MMF and they only acknowledge ive agreed to pay the debt , They had the nerve to say i paid a lower amount than owed because they could take one lump sum payment .

Ive cancelled my bank card and claimed it was stolen as i'm told this should stop all transactions from my bank account but i'm not convinced .

I can seriously hope the whole team of MMF gets some serious diseases as to leave people in such a position is nothing short of criminal .

Demand that your bank give you a full chargeback. Dont listen to their crap. Chargeback first, investigate later. You also need to contact the oft and write a full complaint to the pdl so you can open up other options.

It is not up to the bank to tell you how your money is used. which bank is it btw?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Demand that your bank give you a full chargeback. Dont listen to their crap. Chargeback first, investigate later. You also need to contact the oft and write a full complaint to the pdl so you can open up other options.

It is not up to the bank to tell you how your money is used. which bank is it btw?

It's Halifax and they say as I've supplied card details . It's bad luck but I didn't expect sympathy from the bank as they say it's a transaction but my view was an agreed transaction .

It's nit too bad my partner has said she'll use her overdraft as I made other payments that day hence left with £11.24 .

I really hope MMF staff have the same happen one day !

Edited by angledangle

It's Halifax and they say as I've supplied card details . It's bad luck but I didn't expect sympathy from the bank as they say it's a transaction but my view was an agreed transaction .

It's nit too bad my partner has said she'll use her overdraft as I made other payments that day hence left with £11.24 .

I really hope MMF staff have the same happen one day !

That's Not not Nit lol and I said to Halifax it was an UN AGREED transaction . Sorry I was being driven down a country road :-)

Was the card that was used, a visa card. If so, then its not up to the bank. the chargeback comes first, investigation seco d. dont listen to the front line monkeys. Go as high as you can.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You didn't authorize the transaction that happened, so the bank has to do a chargeback.

The FSA is clear on that:

The right to tell your bank to cancel continuous payment authorities and other payments is enshrined in law by the 2009 Payment Services Directive.

The Financial Services Authority told Money Box it had a clear interpretation of the directive regarding the cancellation of payments by bank customers: "Customers have the right to stop any payment leaving their account. No distinction whatsoever has been made for pay-day lenders or indeed any other group.

Quote from here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19598492