style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My car was parked in a disabled bay and received a ticket for ;

Parked in a designated disabled person's parking place without displaying a valid person's badge in the prescribed manner.

It was parked with the badge on display.

Could someone please advise?

It was issued by Tower Hamlets

thanks

If it was issued by Tower Hamlets I am guessing it's a council one.

The key word in the contravention description is "valid". I would suggest you phone the council and ask what the problem was.

I had this recently because my blue badge was old but still readable but I had displayed it verticle - I sent a letter saying the old badges had no instructions on how they were to be displayed (the news ones do) and copied my new badge. They cancelled the notice. I agree the important word is valid and if it was, send them copies of both sides to varify this with a covering grovelling letter (they like grovel).

Hi

Just checked the bay did NOT have a time limit stated.

The clock was displayed with the badge and I think that the car was parked for more than 3 hours. But does this matter? there was another car with no clock and just the badge and no penalty charge!

No the badge isn't mine its my neighbour's and my mum took her for a day out.

Cheers

this sounds like a stupid question,,,,,,was the serial number displayed? chances are they have picked up on that,,,ridiculous I know,,but thats how pernickety they are,,mine is in a badge holder with the s/n on display

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

this sounds like a stupid question,,,,,,was the serial number displayed? chances are they have picked up on that,,,ridiculous I know,,but thats how pernickety they are,,mine is in a badge holder with the s/n on display

The new ones come with a holder and clock attached and a clear sign on it saying how to display it which is useful and its water proof which my old one was card and started to deteriate with condensation etc

Hi

Just checked the bay did NOT have a time limit stated.

The clock was displayed with the badge and I think that the car was parked for more than 3 hours. But does this matter?

No it doesn't.

I'd send an informal appeal essentially saying you were parked in a disabled bay with no time limit displaying the blue badge correctly. and you are at a loss as to why you have been issued with a PCN. That way the council has to give a reason.

Don't mention the clock or that you were more than 3 hours. They will put the discounted period on hold until they reply.

The new ones come with a holder and clock attached and a clear sign on it saying how to display it which is useful and its water proof which my old one was card and started to deteriate with condensation etc

Oooh do they?? Mines up for renewal in may 13,,the one I have now is laminated card with the paper clock seperate,,I bought one of those holders...far cry from the days of the orange card huh lol.

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

The serial number is clearly on display (its in the middle of the badge so hard to be covered), the badge, clock and all are very clearly displayed and no way of it being covered in any way possible. In one of the new style wallets with the badge and clock on either side.

So do I just send an informal letter saying I was parked in a disabled bay with no time limit displaying the blue badge correctly, as Michael has suggested.

Thanks guys

So do I just send an informal letter saying I was parked in a disabled bay with no time limit displaying the blue badge correctly, as Michael has suggested.

Definitely,,there was no infringement so go for it,,I would :)

Lillibelle

OK so I will definitely make an appeal just wanted to check with you guys.

I will write in as everything was done correctly as explained here.

I will let you know guys what happens

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Update

I received a pretty funny response. Basically they have no proof that this was issued correctly. The PCN has been cancelled.

They state:

On the day the civil enforcement noted that your vehicle was parked in contravention of the the terms and conditions of the badge.

As this is your first offence we will cancel this PCN even though we are certain it was issued correctly.

I must advise you that if any other PCNs are issues in future or you have any outstanding for any other reason, full settler must be made.

It is the responsibility of the driver to park correctly at all times. To help you, I have listed overleaf the terms and conditions of blue badges. I hope this is clear.

Basically the terms and conditions they describe are very basic and they were all adhered too.

They are basically refusing to admit it was issued incorrectly. Either the pictures they took show this is the case. Or they have no proof.

Either way, the car was parked correctly.

Thanks guys for all your help!!!