Limited capacity?

livvyp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I've just got the Limited Capacity to Work form. Not much of it applies to me; my problem is severe back pain. I am off work basically because my job involves very cheery client-facing and with my pain I can't do that. Often I sleep badly with the pain. I can't stay very long in the same position and being on my feet for more than 2 hours is agony. I could work for about the 2 hours a day when my painkillers are actually working, or I could do some other job that involves non-physical back room, but unfortunately I'm not really qualified or have any experience of any job apart from client-facing.

I'm very depressed, too, as a result of all this, and on medication for that.

Can I explain all this to them on the form? Any other advice? This is all new to me. Thank you.

If the form is ESA 50 limited capability to work form i highly recommend you get assistance from a competent person who has helped many others. Its one of those forms that can be very easily wrongly completed. I say wrongly because its far to easy to put insufficient amount of information thinking you have answered the question fully.

:livvyp:

Assuming you've to complete an ESA50 Limited Capability for Work questionnaire;

Guide to completing the first part of the ESA50, written by :leemack:, among the stickies at the beginning of the benefits forum.

Unfortunately :leemack: wasn't able to complete the second part of the guide, but there's a guide to the mental health part of the form on Rethink's site.

ESA214 (can be Googled) is a reasonably useful booklet about work capability assessments.

Best wishes, Margaret.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, thanks (belatedly), Margaret. Would you believe, I filled & sent, and now they're claiming they never received it? So will refer to leemack when I no doubt have to do it again.

:Lost ESA50s:

Seems to be a trend developing that Atos are losing, or claiming non receipt of, questionnaires then carrying on regardless with the face to face interviews. Whilst their actions avoid disallowance for failure to return an ESA50, it also means that a huge chunk of claimant evidence doesn't get seen by the decision maker, or praps more importantly, by a tribunal panel.

Either of you been disallowed or asked to re-submit?

Margaret.

I think when i received the original form i rang them and explained because of problems i face, theres a good chance it wont be completed at the time they asked for it. Maybe they noted i may require a longer period.

• 2 weeks later...

I have received another one, which refers to a cover letter that hasn't been included, so I had to check the deadline with them and they said just 'as soon as possible'. I am waiting for my GP's report, which she is preparing for my (ex?)-employers, so I can include a copy of it to bolster my claim, and then I will send the form by registered mail, after having made a copy for myself. My hope is that my employers, after I've gone through occ. therapy with them, will give me a settlement because of their part in my back problems. In fact, I might include my 2007 letter of grievance to work re back probs work, with my LCTW form. Can't hurt.