pet insurance declined.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys

i am looking for a little advice, the issue is less with the insurance company and more with my previous vet.

my dog has recently been diagnosed with renal disease, which due to a legnthy diognosis it amounted to a large bill. fortunately i have insurance, which is why i agreed to the tests and treatments.

i have now had confirmation that my claim has been declined due to information provided by my previous vet, when my dog was a puppy, stating that she showed signs of renal/liver failure then, two years ago.

i was never informed of this from the vet as i would have proceeded with treatment then, as i have always had an insurance policy there is no reason i would'nt. as i switched insurance providers at the start of the year, my claim was declined as her condition was present prior to taking out the policy.

as i have now racked up a hefty bill and her treatment is ongoing is there any way i can have the original vet foot the bill, as it is thier fault the condition was not treated earlier and thier neglection to inform me that resulted in a bill.

thanks in advance

VICTORIES:-D

QuickQuid £1004 RBS £1500 Mastercard £300 Clydesdale bank £3450 Wonga £2000 Elephant.co.uk £200 Shop Direct Finance £570

It might be worth contacting the original vet for information. I think you should be able to obtain the records from that period. Then you could see what has been said and take action from there.

I will flag your thread for further advice.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

thanks CB.

Yeah that was my next step. find out what they are saying about it.

cheers again

QuickQuid £1004 RBS £1500 Mastercard £300 Clydesdale bank £3450 Wonga £2000 Elephant.co.uk £200 Shop Direct Finance £570

This is more of a legal question than Insurance, as the current Insurers are correct in not covering a pre existing condition.

Suggest that you take up a written complaint with the senior partner at the vets practice and ask them for a copy of their complaint process. They may well have an independent body that you can refer the matter to, if the vets practice cannot resolve.

Another thing you can do is obtain a copy of the vets records to see what they have recorded. Perhaps your dog had a blood test and there were signs of some renal issue then, but at the time the vet was looking into a specific issue and any renal issue was not of paramount concern.

You could ask the vet in the complaint, whether they would have done anything in regard to making an Insurance claim for the renal issue, if you had Insurance via the vets at the time.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I would go in softly with the previous vet initially. There is every chance that there has been a misinterpretation of information provided to the Insurers. Establish the facts first then raise merry hell.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks guys.

Will take it all on board.

Going to send a letter to the practice, informing them of what has happened and ask them to provide a copy of her records.

once i have these i will escalate it. After calling my insurance provider they said a notice of correction from the vet would be sufficient evidence. So i will go down this road initially.

Thanks again guys