Comet selling faulty goods now

umer579
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went in to comet at Manchester fort and purchased Samsung american style Fridge /Freezer on offer price of £559 and got next day delivery for £50 . pluged in after 12 hours did not worked at all. Effectively i have been sold a faulty product in first place. I ve called customer services and after some passing around repair team said go in to store they will refund yoy. Went in to same store and they refused refund or even exchange , rather they persisted there terms and condition say no refund or exchange . I have shown them their T&C which states i have the right to change of mind and if faulty/ damaged than will be refunded.I have a one and half year old baby n elderly parents i needed fridge urgently and its 2 days now witt out one.They say samsung engineer will come n examine/ repair but i dont want repair i have purchased new fridge which suppose to last for years if it cant get started what can i expect. I have never encountered such bullying and total arrogance from any retailer.Manager even after showing T&Cs acclaimed "company policy" is defiant of refund or exchange .I f i have to get repaired stuff than i should have gone to scrapyard . Any help how to tackle this issue as i am very stressed.

You could use your rights under the Sale of Goods Act; more info here:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/sogahome/forcustomers

There are a few things that you'll need to bear in mind, though, so it's work familiarising yourself with the rules so you can hit Coment hard!

Seq.

Refuse to have it repaired. You are within your rights.

Write to Comet and tell them that you have rejected the fridge - that it's presence is preventing you installing another one and that you wil charge them storage - £20 per day seems reasonable to me.

Give them 5 days only and that if they will not honour their consumer rights, that you will sue.

Inform them also that in view of their attitude that you will not be responsible for the condition of the fridge.

Comet seems regularly to be trampling over customers rights at the moment and serious action needs to be taken.

I would also report this to Trading standards - as there is far too much of this going on from Comet. I think that it needs some official attention

Thanks Sequi.. I have gone through SOGA n reading various threads . thanks to this site i have got some idea of how to deal with arrogant comet. I have called samsung n they said engineer will be out with in 24 hrs...later got a call from engineer he will not be able to come in until wednesday... i ll have to reinforce myself now that either inspect it in 24 hrs or full refund.

Refuse to have it repaired. You are within your rights.

Write to Comet and tell them that you have rejected the fridge - that it's presence is preventing you installing another one and that you wil charge them storage - £20 per day seems reasonable to me.

Give them 5 days only and that if they will not honour their consumer rights, that you will sue.

Inform them also that in view of their attitude that you will not be responsible for the condition of the fridge.

Comet seems regularly to be trampling over customers rights at the moment and serious action needs to be taken.

Thanks u mate .. i will write them tomorrow n send it recorded , And i will ask them to keep in mind that any delays in refund will incur them charges

I would also report this to Trading standards - as there is far too much of this going on from Comet. I think that it needs some official attention

Surely i will report it to Trading standards n to all regulatory authorities as i ve seen they r mocking there customers. i will keep this forum up to date with progress.

From what I was told by a Comet employee back in June it does indeed look very gloomy for comet. It seems they’re having difficulty obtaining stock on credit from suppliers & manufactures due to concerns the company might go bust. So you can see Comet's reluctance to honour their own returns policy and comply with the SOGA so they can hold onto every penny. A couple of manufactures have stopped supplying Comet completely, namely LG with only 2 LG products listed on their website.

From my own experience Comet’s CS was poor to start with and the way things are going it seems to be non-existent these days. A letter to their head office in Rickmansworth helped me when I had a Comet problem back in 2009 so if it’s still open it might be worth a shot.

Fair Comment johny and you are bang on ,

All the same as long as they continue Trading they have an obligation and duty to observe their Customers Rights and not behave like some back street Trader at a Saturday Market .

No disrespect by the way to Market Traders they would probably give a better Service .

Regards

GorgieBoy