Ceborame - my attempts to get charges refunded

ceborame
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I intend this post to be about my attempts at, getting NatWest to refund my bank charges.I will update as and when its necessary.

I have sent the DPA request to my Nat West Branch for both my personal current accounts I have with them, I didn't send any money but I asked for copies to go back 10 years. About 10 days ago they took £5 (for copies of statements) from what I shall call my main account, and I have yet to receive anything. PS my other account is pretty dormant but has had charges.

Good luck with it mate.

DPA Letter received by NatWest 11/04/2006

DPA Request expires 21/05/2006

Statements received 15/05/2006

LBA sent 15/05/2006

If you find me vaguely coherent, click the scales.

received a letter this morning quote :

' I am writing to inform you that we have received your letter, and about the actions we have taken here at ......... city branch, regarding your concern.

We are able to go back 7 years with regards to ordering statements on all of your accounts. I have been in touch with the Leicester Contact Service Centre who have actioned this reqest for you. Unfortunately the most we can go back in terms of years , to order statements on accounts is only seven years.

I have also been in touch with our Group Legal Team, and I have faxed over your request with regards to manual intervention. However if you could contact me on 0845 301 9495 or either by post regarding this, as I am not sure what it is you are asking the bank to provide.

I look forward to hearing from you, and I will do my utmost best to resolve this matter for you.'

Anyone care to comment ?????

received a letter this morning quote :

' I am writing to inform you that we have received your letter, and about the actions we have taken here at ......... city branch, regarding your concern.

We are able to go back 7 years with regards to ordering statements on all of your accounts. I have been in touch with the Leicester Contact Service Centre who have actioned this reqest for you. Unfortunately the most we can go back in terms of years , to order statements on accounts is only seven years.

I have also been in touch with our Group Legal Team, and I have faxed over your request with regards to manual intervention. However if you could contact me on 0845 301 9495 or either by post regarding this, as I am not sure what it is you are asking the bank to provide.

I look forward to hearing from you, and I will do my utmost best to resolve this matter for you.'

Anyone care to comment ?????

Just checked my accounts online, they have taken £5 from both my accounts yesterday on the 7th April. Argh that means they taken £5 from my main account TWICE. BLOODY IDIOTS !!!

It depends if you are confident with it, you may find it speeds things up - if not then I would advise corresponding by post.

If you do ring, it would be helpful to record the call if you can. The main thing though, is not to let them side-track or delay in any way. If you feel that you are getting nowhere just bring the call to an end.

It is hard to believe they don't know what you are asking for - it is therefore very likely that this is just an attempt to delay.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

Thanks alan I received my statements today, and I've got the highlighter at work !

I think I'll write to them about the manual intervention.

Can you believe this, the post office had a misshap with the packaging, and re packaged all my statements, in a CLEAR bag !!! my address , name, account number, balance, sort code all there for the world to see !!

Ceborame

This is getting beyond a joke - I have lost count of the number of people who have had packages of information split.

Whilst you are writing about manual intervention, I would perhaps also consider a complaint to the Information Commissioner about the packaging.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a draft of my leter explaining manual intervention, is it acceptable?

'With reference to your previous communication, regarding more information on my request for details of manual intervention on any/both of my current accounts.

‘manual intervention by any member of your staff or any other person. I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.’

Basically this is where a member of staff has had to intervene in my banking affairs with you , which has given rise to costs.

Also

‘If you are unable to supply data relating to manual intervention because there has been no such manual intervention then please be kind as to confirm this in your response to this request.’

This communication is for information you requested and is not an amendment to my previous communication.

I would like to remind you that you have 40 days to comply with my request. The request was dated 12th March 2006'

Thanks anyone who replies it is appreciated

I think it's too elaborate, tbh. (Remember you're dealing with simple souls here, lol)

I'd say something like this:

As you very well know by now, since you've asked the same question of hundreds of people asking you for their information*, manual intervention is when one or more of your employees has to actually look at my account, and make a decision as to whether to allow or refuse a transaction. If this is the case, there will be a record of each and every one of those intervention in my account case note, with either initials, name or identifying markers of the employee. This is what manual intervention is, as opposed to automated process.

Please note that in case of failure on your behalf to supply the above information, it will be deemed that there was no such intervention.

You have now xx days left to supply me with the information requested. {using original request date, of course}

* You might want to leave that part out, if you want to stay diplomatic :D

• 1 month later...

The DPA request has long since expired, I am about to send my first letter demanding repayment.

Do I now use the spreadsheet to calculate how much I want to be refunded ?

I am worried about this comment in the spreadsheet thread.

"Do not use until filing claim!!!

If you send the bank a letter before you have given them time to pay up demanding 8% APR they will know that you do not know what you are doing and this will more than likely end up with you NOT getting your money back".

C

Add up all your charges, then send them a letter asking for that amount back - no more, no less. That note is to say that you shouldn't add on the 8% interest that you can charge when it gets to court.

Does that make it any clearer, or am I just making it even more confusing for you?

DPA Letter received by NatWest 11/04/2006

DPA Request expires 21/05/2006

Statements received 15/05/2006

LBA sent 15/05/2006

If you find me vaguely coherent, click the scales.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks