step daughter wants refund for Recruitment & Development Solutions Ltd training course please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My step daughter has had the defence come through and she read a bit of it to me. Their defence is that they have already paid it, they don't say when though and she has checked her bank account and there are no payments from them at all!!

They then state that they went into liquidisation in August 2012.

If this is true I guess that proceeding with the claim is now pointless. How can we check what the status of the company is and ensure what they say is true? I've checked companies house and it doesn't state they are dissolved

Can we contact her bank and see if they will refund the money she paid to RDS. She did contact them initially but they refused as they said she had willing paid the company. Is there any chance the bank could be pursuaded to refund the amount?

Edited by yourturntopay

Hi YTTP,

You can find out what state their in by looking here :- http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/?x=ybbbswg

Do keep on, as :-

1. Someone filed the defence

2. A reciever will be appointed to deal with their debts and assets.

You will get a copy of their defence in due course, will can look at that then.

Hope this helps,

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

We will have to take it to the rececivers in that case. Was there a name on the defence YTTP ??

Lex

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I'm waiting for my step daughter to send me the defence, hopefully should have it by the weekend and then i can start moving forward again with it.

How can find out if they are under liquidsation? The link you sent me didn't indicate anything, this is the link to their company from the link you sent me

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/recruitment-and-development-solutions

RDS website has disappeared, so i guess something must be going on

I can't help you with this problem, but I am hoping you can help me. Your story almost exactly mirrors that of my daughter-in-law. She signed up in August and has been waiting for her refund ever since. She is only 19 and £295 is a lot of money to her. I read through your threads and what I found interesting was that the company said that they liquidated in August. If this is the case then they fraudulently took Rebecca's money when they knew that they were 'going down the pan'. I rang Companies House to see if they could shed any light on exactly when they folded, but they do not appear to be listed there, despite the fact they use LTD in their name. Do you have any other information on them? I would appreciate any information you can offer, of course if I find anything else out I will naturally share with you. Many thanks.

I now have the defence and it makes no sense. Its states on the page Notice of Defence that amount claimed has been paid.

It says on the form the defendant saus that they amout ro are claiming has been paid (see attached Form N9B). However (and these is always a however!!) on the form it says under defence which is hand written:

RDS went into liquidsation on 28/08/212 . The liquidators at: Andrew Fender, Mayfield Sanderling LLP, 1071 Warwick Road, Acocks Green, Birmingham. B27 6QT.

It doesn't emntion anyehere that they have paid the amount claimed.

Can anybody offer advice of the next step please? are we dead in the water as they are apparenently in liquidsation there won't be any money anyhow?

If we do go ahead do we ask the court to include the liquidator?

Help!!!

I'll have to get back to you after I have checked my facts YTTP, Im not sure if we include the liquidator in the court case.

It is worth writing to the liquidator and ask them for repayment of your fees, I'm afraid you get it but we need to show we have tried !!

Lex

&

It would be wise to send a copy of the N1 to the liquidator just to prove you have a call on any assets that might be forthcoming, if indeed this is the case.

Lex

&

• 11 months later...

This thread is now in "Training & Apprenticeships" forum

It is purely an administrative move.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D