which benefits and how?

bettyboo09
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:|Hello all,

Im new to this forum, so am hopig im putting this in the correct place and really hope somebody out there can help me!

I have Fibromyalgia and have been recieving DLA at high rate for both mobility and care since year and half ago.

I was recieving ESA cont in the WRAG group,based but this ran out in april under the 365 day ruling. i was not entitled to income based as my partner worked more that 24 hours a weekAT the moment i am now waiting to hear back from JCP as i had to put in a change of circumtances letter as my health had deterioted alot so was hoping to be put into the support group.

we are also now recieving £55 per week rent allowance and £10.25 council tax allowance plus £14 working tax credit. He was recieving £340 per week before tax (£280 net)

Now things were running smoothly (tight but copable) until my partners boss announced yesterday that he was going to have to cut my partners hours to 3 days a week which takes him down to 24 hours and roughly £170 net wages.

My question is would we be entiltled to income based ESA ( because hours are 24 and wages lower ) or is he still working to much and earning to much?

would we be entitled to more WFTC , council tax and rent benifit, carers allowance etc .

I have been on various benifit sights and they all seem to work out different , or it misses a benefit out etc .

Please help somebody, im really really panicing now as on top of all this my partners ex wife has decided to go through CSA for the child maintenance (of which we were already paying £50 per week to her direct) .

Thankyou in advance Tina x

Hello there.

Don't think you'll be able to get the ESA - but you may be able to get a higher award on WTC, HB and CTB.

Someone more up-to-speed on benefits will be along shortly to help further.

Best wishes and a very warm welcome to CAG.

Seq.

Hi Tina,

I'm unsure if IB ESA is paid for people who's partners work 24 hours or more than 24 hours hopefully someone else can confirm.

But otherwise as your income will drop, you will definitely receive more HB and CTB. They will also take into account any CSA removed from the wages directly so won't count that. If your partners ex is going through the CSA stop paying anything directly to her as they calculate amounts owed from their first contact with him usually by telephone so you don't want to be paying twice for this period. CSA is easy to work out, if he has one child he will pay 15% of his net wage, two children or more then 20% (though this is reduced to one mother if split between other children elsewhere iykwim).

I'm unsure if you have children together or children there as this might alter things too.

Hi thankyou for you comments, with all benefits they do not take account of any maintene paid out of wages , i know this as we already recieve CT and HB as previously mentioned , the only times it matters is when you are recieving the mainentance.

We also do recieve WTC because i am disabled and he works more than 30 hrs a week .

Can someone clarify the critea for esa income based please as i was under the opinion that you could get this if your partner worked less than 24 hours but am finding it difficult to find out how low earnings his earnings should be?

best thing to do is have a look at the benefit calculators put in all the figures and have a look, but can tell you it is dead tight now, both my wife and i were on IB but i was changed to esa, on getting esa was not entitled to IBESA as my wifes IB cancels that out, and also have a small pension of 160 per month, with your figures and i dont think you will get it, but have a look and see..hope it helps