faulty fridge freezer

dickybird
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well,

i am not going into the lengthy details of my issues with comet and their appalling customer service,

it would take too long,

but as a little encouragement to those of you out there with problems,

i have just returned from court where i was claiming for a full refund on a faulty item of over £300,

it has taken nine months,

but i won in the end,

and the item in question will not be collected,

i have to dispose of it myself,

their logic is strange,

they could have had the faulty item returned to the manufacturer from day one when it failed and it would have cost them nothing,

and replaced it with a new one, so everyone would be happy,

in my opinion they do not have a clue about how to service their customers

...free at last to move on

• Haha 1

Amazing. It's Comet again!

Well done on taking it to court. - And well done on winning.

From the sounds of it Comet turned up to fight their losing battle. They really are a sad company which seems to know very little about consumer law and even less about good customer relations.

I hope that you will tell us about it when you've had a rest.

It would be helpful to many people to let them know how the court process works and how easy it was for you - and if Comet tried any little tricks.

Well done dicky ,

A nightmare for 9 months and as you say COMET could and should have resolved this issue in the first instance .

You can read the start of dicky`s COMET Nightmare here ,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?337943-comet-fridge-freezer-problems

Regards

GorgieBoy

I have just started an appalling relationship with Comet. I bought a Panasonic fridge freezer which was delivered on 29th August 2012 and within 4 days broke down. I have to date spent a full day on the issue, including a trip to the store itself. All I have been offered is an engineers visit in 5 days time. I have asked for it to be removed and a full refund, but Comet have refused. It looks as though I may well be taking them to court, but am currently having to use a cool box and ask neighbours to freeze cool packs for me. My advice is to avoid Comet AND Panasonic at all costs. I spoke intelligently and calmly to both organisations and I might just as well have not bothered. I have put my complaint in writing to Comet and sent it recorded delivery. I also emailed them, and I received the cursery email back saying they would reply within 24 hours. If anyone is considering buying from Comet or Panasonic I would think very carefully indeed.

May I ask dickybird if they received any compensation for loss of foodstuffs or time etc?

well,

i am not going into the lengthy details of my issues with comet and their appalling customer service,

it would take too long,

but as a little encouragement to those of you out there with problems,

i have just returned from court where i was claiming for a full refund on a faulty item of over £300,

it has taken nine months,

but i won in the end,

and the item in question will not be collected,

i have to dispose of it myself,

their logic is strange,

they could have had the faulty item returned to the manufacturer from day one when it failed and it would have cost them nothing,

and replaced it with a new one, so everyone would be happy,

in my opinion they do not have a clue about how to service their customers

...free at last to move on

how do you know that it was not working from day one, if it was not working from day one comet stated to me that they would have refunded it,... if you did your freezer and fridge shopping when the unit was first plugged in, then maybe this is what kept the unit cold, it may have made noises but did it actually work, maybe the thermostat is faulty as was mine i think...as for claim on food, that is difficult as you dont really know how long you will be without the use of the unit, if like me it goes on for 9 months then you have to keep purchasing from the corner shop and you cant keep stuff for long so it costs more, and the court will want receipts for the food stuffs that you lost, so when and if you take them to court how much do you claim for, and dont forget to tell comet that in your action against them , that you will be making a claim for food, i am no expert. i struggled for 9 months , but i did win.... keep receipts for everything,... keep records of every conversation with comet,... record who you speak to,... take time to think of your reply before making it,... a rushed remark or statement will come out all wrong and could be used against you...above all, be calm at all times,,this will not cover every one of the hurdles by a long way, but there are those on here who can help you a lot more and it is to them you should turn for further help as i did...good luck