Bunch of muppets!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, just thought I'd give my 2 cents worth on my dealing with these people, might be of help to someone!

Last week, I offered a payment plan of £50 a month to start on my next paydate (10th Sept) for my £600 debt, subject to a three month review, when I should have finished paying off some other debts and would be perhaps able to increase this amount. I also wanted to pay via standing order, and not give them my debit card details for obvious reasons! I already had their account details from one of their letters. I did this via the contact form on the website and received a reply the next morning. She said this plan would only be accepted if I commenced the payment straight away and provided them with my debit card details! Hastily I offered a £10 token payment as a 'willingness' to pay type thing, again stating I could do this via standing order. Reply came back that this would not reach them til September therefore she needed my debit card details. She must've thought I was born yesterday! Obviously her plan was to raid my account the second I passed my details over.

I sent the £10 anyway, I probably didn't have to but I thought I'd stick to my word, just in case they get difficult later on I can say I've stuck to all my offers. And then out of curiosity I checked the sort code on the checker on the Payments Council website. Tuns out they accept Faster Payments, so my £10 payment would have cleared by the next working day at the latest, so all this "it wont reach us in time" was a load of bull! I sent her a nice, slightly snotty email back telling her this and.... nothing! Nice try love! :madgrin:

I then noticed another reply from them, but from another worker who's reply was along the lines of "I can accept the offer, here's our account details......" None of this you must pay this month, you must pay by debit card rubbish the other person had sent me!:!:

Sorry this is a bit waffle-ish, just wanted to get it off my chest more than anything :oops: But like I said, it might be help to someone who is being pressured into giving their bank details or paying straight away. So if you get a poopy reply from them, hang in there and you might get another reply from someone else, failing that send the message again til you get a 'nice' (as nice as these folk can be!) person replying to you!