Old loans help!

blissfull5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

This first spreadsheet is the latest version of the statutory interestlink3.gif calculator and is used for Single Premium PPIlink3.gif cases. It can also be used where rollover PPI is involved, i.e. a new loan re-financing a previous one and where PPI is included in one or more loans.

StatIntSheet v101.xls

Barclaycard

Customer Relations Department

PO Box 9131

51 Saffron Way

Leicester

LE18 9DE

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: Providian Visa owned by Barclaycard Account **** **** **** 1459

I am writing in relation to the above payment protection (PPI) policy which i believe was mis-sold to me in relation to my visa card.

I believe you have not treated me fairly for the following reasons;

· The PPI was added without my knowledge..

· You have been punished by the Financial Services Authority for failing to treat customers fairly and I do not believe that the PPI I bought was sold in my best interest.

Unless you can prove that the policy was fair and reasonable and that I was treated fairly when I was sold the insurance, I demand a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid in relation to this policy. I also expect 8% interest to be added to each payment I have made as this is the statutory amount a court would pay.

I look forward to your full and prompt response to this letter. If this matter is not settled within eight weeks of this letter I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

This letter is in respect of the above account that was issued by Providian Credit cards.

Yours faithfully

dx

adapt as required

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as your agreement are pre 2007

they'll need the orginal signed ones if they wish to enforce these loans in court.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all,

ive just received some statements from barclays (:-o)

and on one of the loans my EX HUSBANDS name is on it:mad2:!!!

He hasnt payed a penny towards this loan.

Can i take this to court and ask if they could chase him for the rest of the money even though i know he wont pay anything.

Where do i stand?

and if i claimed for the ppi is he entitled to any of it?

I was really taken for a mug with this one:tsk::doh:

on these recontructed cca's

your name IS on them?

dx

and they

Hi BF,

If your ex's name is on the a/c statement, it's a joint a/c and I believe you both have joint and several liability to pay. This means the bank can look to you or to him for payments and they'll usually chase whoever is more able or willing to pay.

If you wanted your ex to pay some, half or all of the loan, this should have been dealt with when you broke up as part of the divorce proceedings.

The only recourse I can see is, if you pay the debt, you then sue your ex for his share of what you paid. But from what you say, he may not even pay you, even if you get a CCJ awarded against him.

Re the PPI, you can reclaim this and use any refund to reduce the debt. However, the bank may need proof that PPI was mis-sold for both of you. If there's a balance repayable after the debt is settled, again the bank may difficult about refunding to one party only.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi all. just an update i found out my Ex`s name is not on the loan it was the name of our joint current account where a standing order was set up for the payments of the loan. So i've just finished the 1st ppi claim form and am going to send it off tomorrow. Now should i send a copy of the reconstuted loan agreement or not?

I really do appreciate all the advise you have all given me on this you have really helped im so glad i found this website :cool::grouphug:

FOS CQ + SOC + covering letter

all to the OC.

dx

and they

Schedule of Charges, or your spreadsheet.

FOS CQ is the FOS Claims Questionnaire (I guess)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Schedule of Charges, or your spreadsheet.

FOS CQ is the FOS Claims Questionnaire (I guess)

ops forgot the quick links weren't done for a minulte there

yep soc is the schedule of charges

the bits on post 26

all three to the Original Creditor.

for each PPi Claim

unless the loans refinanced each other.?

dx

and they

Ok im soo confused ive looked at different threads and ppi calculators and other websites and i still cant work out how much i should be claiming. Heres the breakdown if anyone would help;

PPI ; £899.31

TOTAL CHARGE

FOR CREDIT; £245.49

TOTAL AMOUNT

PAYABLE; £1144.80

MONTHLY

REPAYMENT; £23.85

NUMBER OF

REPAYMENTS; 48

and they