style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My employer has recently decided to change the holiday entitlement yearly period to the normal Jan - Dec 25 days. previously it was 25 days from April to April.

However, because of the changes they have told us that our allowance pro rata for this year, will now be less (works out at 16 days), as it will be end of year in December not April.

So I'm 8 days over my "new" allowance and have been told I need to pay back one day per month from sept to Dec, and then they will take the other 3.5 days from next years allowance. This is costing me nearly £100 per month, that i cannot afford.

My question is, can they do this? Do I have to pay it back? this is their decision and they ahven't offered any goodwill gesture, they've just "told" us that we have to pay back or lose it out of next years allowance?? Any advice greatly appreciated?

Moantime -

i seem to pay something off then another debt rears its head. I got a pay rise followed the next day by a letter from HMRC saying I owe tax which they're taking direct form my salary. I book a holiday and now this happens? End of my tether! Just when you think u can see the light at the end of the tunnel....

Up The Mariners

They can't 'take' back anything unless there is a clause in your contract which allows this.

If they have been careless enough to allow you to take more holiday than you had accrued at the time then they should allow you some latitude in how this is made up.

Question is - how much of a pain are you prepared to make of yourself?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!