Help with identifying loan provider

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 1997 I took out a loan for £15,000 which included PPI. I know the loan was underwritten by Barclays but I cannot remember who the actual loan provider was. I have the loan reference number but Barclays claim it's not one of theirs.

I know it is a long shot but has any idea who the loan provider might have been around that time please. Is is frustrating I cant remember

Thanks in anticipation of any help or suggestions

Cheers

Hi Bretheren, Have you got any of your bank statements showing the payments you made in 1997? I found the account ref's and loan provider listed next to the payment on my Halifax bank statements from 1998? If you can find out who you made the payments too, that would be your starting point! BP

Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. - Thomas Edison

Hi thanks for the response. I know it was the midland bank but I haven't got any old statements. I do have the account number and can find the sort code so perhaps I can pop in and ask for copies of my statements

Cheers

Hi Bretheren, Did you send your bank a Subject Access Request (SAR)? When I sent a SAR to the Halifax they gave me data going back to 1998, which was when the account was opened and this gave me the information I needed to start several PPI claims. BP

Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. - Thomas Edison