style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sounds very familiar!! im now 2 months since last payment. ive refused to pay direct to a brighthouse employee in person or on the phone due to the abuse they have so freely dished out. ive asked for bank details so i can set up a direct debit... 8 weeks on still waiting!!

Please, do not set up a direct debit with these people.. standing order only.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

A update it's been 4 weeks now since BH refused my offer.

I've recieved no phonecall , no letters , no home visit , no references have been contacted.

Looks like i called their bluff when i told them to take me to court and i'll simply offer £2 per week. Also i pointed out they mis sold me osc before i knew osc was optional. I'm just wondering if they've written off the debt now as they could be a bit worried as i have evidence that they refused my offer.

well no, i would suspect they've use the osc payments you can reclaim to offset the debt

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ive heard nothing for a few weeks. ive not even offered reduced payments. I only want a means of payment without abuse eg standing order. On the 14th of October it will be 90 days since i last paid so im presuming im now classed as a drop off?

unlawful PENALTY charges

reclaim them

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

A quick update. My dad is with Brighthouse and they have told him today he can not have anything else due to me owing money.

Now i live at a different address so am i right in thinking that Brighthouse can not act in that manner?

I told my dad to just get the tv elsewhere and tell brighthouse to shove it.

best thing that could of happened..

why pay 3 X more for one a BH.

dx

and they

• 3 months later...

A quick update i'm still fighting Brighthouse. However their customer service has told me that my account with the store has now been terminated due to none payment of 90 days. It is now with their debt collection agency.

Hopefully the debt collection agency will accept a payment offer from me.

I have told Brighthouse i want the penalty charges refunded also looking through old agreements i noticed i was infact charged ocs on some items. I have asked for this to be credited to my account. Typically they refused and denied all knowledge of any osc on my accounts.

The fight shall continue.

Hi do you live in wales as [EDIT] are interested in the misselling of insurance and would like tp talk to other people about bh, bayv problems.

i.ve taken them to small claims court and am going to fight until the end .

[EDIT] are looking at my contracts so we might get some free legal advice .

[EDIT]

Hi do you live in wales as [EDIT] are interested in the missellinglink3.gif of insurance and would like tp talk to other people about bh, bayvlink3.gif problems.

i.ve taken them to small claims court and am going to fight until the end .

[EDIT] are looking at my contracts so we might get some free legal advice .

[EDIT]

erm can we not use cag for this purpose please read the rules.

dx

and they

]erm can we not use cag for this purpose[/b] please read the rules.

dx

I think that's what my solicitor is doing i've placed it in her hands now. Ideally i'd love to bully Brighthouse back give them a taste of their own medicine. I have e-mailed customer service again and requested a copy of all my statements from when i was first a customer until when the account was closed.

you'll have to sar them

dx

and they

Don't pay a penny. Don't email, send them a recorded delivery letter simply saying you're in financial difficulty and therefore cannot make any payment and don't see any change in the near future, and don't sign it. If you're on benefits then those benefits are for essential living costs only ie food and clothes, NOT debt repayment. These people should not be lending money to people who can't afford to repay. You should not get contact from dca if you're in communication with the lender. Your contract is with Brighthouse not a dca. When the dca contact you cross that bridge when it comes, it's pretty straightforward to stop their harrassment. Keep strong!