wescot & Provident problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys

i received a letter from wescot telling me that " provident personal credit has assigned all the right ,title and interest in your debt to wescot .the above debt is now legally owned by wescot " so i cca them with the letter n, I got from here and the postal order and recorded delivery on the 17th of august 2012 and then received a red letter from them on the 22nd telling me of my debt and that they are collecting ,the standard letter i think .

so do i just wait the 12 day and then the month or has anything changed in the law ?

thanks for all the help in advance

Hi,

Just wait the usual 12 + 2 working days, then send the Account In-Dispute letter if you have received nothing.

As usual advise, do not phone Wescot and if they ring you, refuse to go through the security questions, say "in writing only" and hang up.

Have you recieved both letters (N.O.A.) from both Wescot and Provident?

Have you checked your credit file to show that Wescot are the true owners?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

hi

I have only received the 2 letter both from wescot ,not sure what u mean (N.O.A) sorry . No i have not check my file, to scared that other debt not sure if i have other debt on my file or wescot get my phone number cause they have not phoned . so 12 + 2 then the Account In-Dispute letter

N.O.A. = Notice Of Assignment, this means that all the rights and balance of the debt has been legally transferred.

It's OK to check your Credit Files, never be scared of DCA's contacting you, you will soon learn to love the fight, and then when it is all over, you will also miss it!!!

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

Ok thanks for the help i will check my file on Tuesday when im off work, work nights so im off to bed now ,Just not sure what i will find on my file as i was unemployed for over a year , but will get back to you all , thanks for the help guys its great to know i have ppl to help me with this all

When you check your Credit File, Noddle (part of CallCredit) is free for life but holds very little information as they are the third of the credit reference agancies.

Experian and Equifax both offer 30 day trials but remember to cancel within the 30 calender days, otherwise your card will be charged up to £14.99pcm.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

• 4 weeks later...

ok wescot sent the postal order back saying they are not the creditor and that the postal order was made out to the wrong people ,but that i can send the new postal order with the correct name (provident personal credit ) on and they will forward it to them , so do i send it or does this change anything ?

thanks

Edited by hotc25

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Sorry not sure my other post disappeared !! , i received a letter from wescot asking for money ,i then sent them a request for the cca and have now received this letter

Thank you for your recent contact

we acknowledge that you have raised a query on this account and we would like to confirm to you how this will be investigated

we will suspend all collections activity on the above account whilst the matter is under investigation.This means that we will not write to you ,or telephone you in pursuit of the account

however ,we may need to contact you if we require further info

as our investigation of your query will require us to contact our client,this process may take several weeks. we would appreciate your patience

ok thats a short version

so what do i do now ?

Yes if you requested the CCA then after 12+2 days send them the dispute letter, if they fail to supply it.

What is the account they claim is owed? Loan, credit card?

How much?

How old?

When was the last payment?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hotc25 says the last payment was about 2years ago - What happened to the Provident agent did they give up trying to collect the debt, I only ask as Wescot assign debts to the Provident for collection. This happened to me Wescot had been on my case for some time then assigned it to Provi, thanx to this website I knew the debt was approaching SB status and did not sign the new agreement.