How many Halifax accounts has First Credit bought?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, they have purchased a debt bundle from HBoS. If you look round the forum you will see many others reporting this.

If you have/had a payment arrangement in place with HBoS then 1st credit are obliged to maintain that arrangment until the review date.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?840-Stop-your-bank-or-lender-breaching-their-instalment-agreement

If the account was in dispute with HBoS for some reason - unresolved queries about charges, PPI or non compliance with s78 or SAR requests then you should simply advise 1st credit that until these are resolved then you will not be communicating with them.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Are you saying that Lowells AND 1st credit are pursuing the same account ? If so, then that should be reported to the Office of Fair Trading.

If an account is statute barred, then you should send the SB letter from the CAG library.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Are you saying that Lowells AND 1st credit are pursuing the same account ? If so, then that should be reported to the Office of Fair Trading.

If an account is statute barred, then you should send the SB letter from the CAG library.

Yes, I am saying that. Other people may also discover that halifax have "pulled a fast one" on first credit and that Lowells are also chasing the same accounts. What a muddle for Lowells.

You should write a letter to HBoS - copy it to Lowells and 1st credit. I suspect it is unlawful for more than one agency to be chasing one debt.. aside from it being against OFT guidelines !!

BCOBS

Mine has been sold to 1st credit too..The NOA came from 1st Credit..Not ligit I dont fink ..Mine is still in dispute with Halifax and has been since 2008..Just an Application sent ..diff codes for Tand C.. so deff not part of same doc....Have email 1st cred that its still in dispute ..they have put account on hold whilst they get hold of Halifax..Mine is not SB and wont be till Feb 2014

I have serious concerns that Halifax had previously sold some of these accounts to Lowell Portfolio 1 Limited.

My advice to anyone else who gets one of these letters is to check back over your paperwork to see who was chasing the account previously.

I wonder whether Halifax are in such a muddle that they are now mis-selling their old accounts?

I've just recieved a letter off 1st credit seeking Legal action / Court due to non payment to Halifax. Last i heard of this was back in July 2010 when i was getting chased off WESCOT. I sent them a Prove it letter which they done/ I then sent them a Reduced Payment letter and didn't hear anything else untill Now.. What should i Do.. Send a Prove it letter to 1st Credit ???

tally, I would suggest you start a thread of your own - that way people will know who they are responding to.

BCOBS

I got the fake 1st Credit NOA and "legal proceedings being considered" letters a week apart. I'm still undecided which way to go with this. I have a a 2 page agreement where one page states I have PPI and the other pages states no PPI. The T&C's are from a different time as the originals I've seen on here state £25 late payment/over limit fees and their copy states £12 and also mentions the new CCA amendments, whereas the original agreement is from 2005 so there would be no mention of the new 2007 amendments to the CCA. Also I have a default notice that doesn't give 14 days to rectify.

Like others on here I also have had the 40% discount letters from Halifax.

I'm trying to decide if I should wait and see if 1st Crud go the court route. Or now 1st Crud bought the account, can I hit them for the refund of the PPI and charges instead of Halifax? These, plus 6 years worth of interest on many of them is approx £300 in excess of the outstanding amount they claim I owe them. It would be nice to see 1st Crud buy a debt for about £50 and then end up having to pay me £300.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

FB, you need to send any request for refund of PPI or charges to the original creditor.

However, you could use the PPI as a counterclaim if legal action was started - or put the account into dispute whilst you are in the process of reclaiming.

BCOBS

I told 1st cred that my account is stil in dispute with Halifax,,Coz it is a CCA Application form with no account number on and T&C which code number that diff from the front of the application form are diff.they have put account on hold whilst they investigate ....I know they are gonna come back with there is no dispute ..So I will tell them there is and until its solved with Halifax I will not be entering into any corrispondence with them