style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tomaka, there is no whistle blowing protection for you, this is not a whistle blowing offence. The company are not going to bear the brunt of this, you are. I ama sorry to be harsh but you need to get out of your dream world and be practical.

Have you started applying for other jobs?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

so being in the real world my company will furnish me with minutes of first meeting then second and copies of video evidence copies of letters from all parties in good in good time prior to a formal meeting

If your company decides to progress this matter to a disciplinary hearing alleging that you were negligent and therefore responsible for the incident, I would expect them to provide you with any documents that they intend to rely on in good time.

Do you have any reason to believe that this is the route that they are likely to take?

Have they booked a formal meeting?

drivers are only ships that pass in the night we do not socialize other staff would be on companies side i think getting the route what else can they do he just said i tried ringing you last week but got no answer they have my personal mobile no i have a works mobile knowing fine well i was on holiday not booked yet

its not that, it is i tried to right a wrong by what i thought was correct im not a young man but i do have intelligence if it wasnt me and someone else or if the shelf killed someone what would be the cry .

other drivers have had accidents with buildings none of this hue n cry. as i say i have tried others are not

we know you think you are in the right.

that's not the reason why you would be let go.

idealists are very often poor.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I understand what you're feeling and saying....

When other drivers have had accidents it's just been a case of Ooops! and it gets brushed over, any potential safety issues are dealt with/not dealt with and the driver carries on working.

However, before your incident you had already had safety concerns and had disclosed these concerns to your employer.

So, instead of the usual reaction when a driver has an accident, you get...

Suspended until further notice.

Informed that your employer's client won't allow you to work for their business.

...and it feels terribly unfair.

But what can you do about it?

You're in limbo, on suspension, waiting to see what your employer is going to do next.

Your employer is in a sticky situation too because they don't have any other work to offer you.

1. They could dismiss your for SOSR as explained earlier;

2. Blame you and dismiss you for gross negligence;

3. Or they could try to come to some agreement with you to terminate your employment.

If it was up to you which would you prefer?

1. sack you because they have no work for you (the customer will not have you)

2. sack you and claim it is because you were negligent (so bad reference too)

3. come to a settlement agreement with you which includes cash and a good reference