style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can only refuse ref cant give bad one

Urban legend. Yes they can.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose that 'sit tight then explode' is also an option for now, after all you are still being paid while suspended.

But the risk involved in that option is that once your 'backed into a corner' employer decides which option they prefer, and starts the process to achieve it, they may not then be prepared to consider any alternatives.

Giving you cash to walk away could turn out to be the cheapest and easiest option for them.

What makes you think that they won't consider it?

In my opinion,

If they dismiss for for SOSR odds are that your employer will win at tribunal.

If they go the dismissal for negligence route it's impossible to tell who would win.

There's just the one SOSR. Your employers only client won't allow you to work on their contract and your employer doesn't have any other work to offer you.

I agree that you haven't done anything wrong, but if they go down the negligence route the client and their customer may help your employer by providing evidence of their belief that you were negligent (witness statements etc.) in order to justify their decision not to allow you to work on their contract.

thus knackering many other people's jobs too?

That's just nasty. I don't want to explain employent law to you any more, so I am going to stop now. I hope you can grow up a bit before you lose any benefit you may have got out of this situation.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!