Provident and the mrking of default on my credit file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well what can i say that hasnt been said before.

Ok i had a provident loan, i defaulted and the debt was sold to moorcroft! Over the next year i made my payments every month and finally in July moorc wrote to me saying the account and debt had been cleared and sent me a statement and letter.

I checked my credit file this morning and i have defaulted saying i have never paid :-(

they took my rating from a high one to very low :-(

i need help in dealing with this please.

My first step is to call prov and explain what has happend, then i will scan and email the documents to show them all has been paid.

What should i be weary of? How long until prov remove the default from the file and marked as settled?

update. i spoke to provident who now claim that i made a payment in July 2012 - i did not it was moorcroft.

Apperantly the reason they have defaulted is because i have not made a payment. Even though they can see that i have been paying moorcroft.

i just dont understand this one bit. The account was sold and have been paid off yet they have defaulted it for a payment that i didnt make.

honestly this sucks.