Failure to deliver.

ajoh00n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon, I ordered some goods online.

They promised to deliver on one day, they failed to turn up. I called to ask what happened and they rearranged it for the next day, again they didn't turn up.

I finally got it on the third day but in total I had to take three days off work. I understand that the first day taken off work is at my expense but I had to take a further two due to their failure to deliver.

Am I entitled to a consequential loss claim? I sent them a formal complaint and explained this to which their auto response said they would reply within 5 days.

Two weeks later I called them today and they said nobody had read it. After reading it they are refusing to cover my loss of wages due to their breach of contract and failure to deliver. What are my rights here?

Edited by citizenB

Good afternoon, I ordered some goods online. They promised to deliver on one day, they failed to turn up. I called to ask what happened and they rearranged it for the next day, again they didn't turn up. I finally got it on the third day but in total I had to take three days off work. I understand that the first day taken off work is at my expense but I had to take a further two due to their failure to deliver. Am I entitled to a consequential loss claim? I sent them a formal complaint and explained this to which their auto response said they would reply within 5 days. Two weeks later I called them today and they said nobody had read it. After reading it they are refusing to cover my loss of wages due to their breach of contract and failure to deliver. What are my rights here?

Yes, day 1 you are expected to be available. Any missed subsequent appointments are chargeable and you should write to them giving them a chance to rectify the situation within 10 days (recorded delivery of course).

If they fail to respond send them a Letter before Action detailing how you expect them to rectify, failing which you will launch County Court Action.

Don't let them away with it :)