Reclaim of 6 years bank charges Lloyds

dizzy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I have been considering writing to Lloyds to try to reclaim bank charges dating back 6 years on a current account i have now closed with them.

I have researched alot on the forums and of course since the 2009 ruling, gernerally payouts are only to someone in hardship.

I have been through all bank accounts statments and highlighted, totalled the charges and now had=ve to draft up a letter stating my hardship and reasons why i think i shoud be reimbursed. With regard to hardship, i have not been made redundant, been terminally ill or anything like that but felt the charges upon charges put my in a very difficult position and am going to write on that basis.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

Does no one have any advice on this??

I am in the proccess of drafting up my letter to the bank using the template letters and posts from people on this site. However there doesn't seem to be anyone that has tried to claim this last few months that has posted.

I am going to try in any event and would be so grateful for any advice, ideas of cases and support from the site.

• 4 weeks later...

Does nobody have any advice on this? I will send off my letter to the bank and post my outcome.

Hi there,

I have been considering writing to Lloyds to try to reclaim bank charges dating back 6 years on a current account i have now closed with them.

I have researched alot on the forums and of course since the 2009 ruling, gernerally payouts are only to someone in hardship.

I have been through all bank accounts statments and highlighted, totalled the charges and now had=ve to draft up a letter stating my hardship and reasons why i think i shoud be reimbursed. With regard to hardship, i have not been made redundant, been terminally ill or anything like that but felt the charges upon charges put my in a very difficult position and am going to write on that basis.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Dizzy,

Did you get anywhere with your approach to the bank.

Have a look at using BCOB to force the bank's hand - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/redirect.php?x=http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?827-Examples-of-unfair-treament

One vital part of claiming on the basis of Financial Difficulty (or hardship) is to show you were suffering FD using a budget planner. Also, claiming FD for the last 6 years may be difficult as it's more difficult NOW to show you were suffering THEN. I wonder if you would get any joy going back to the bank and addressing more recent years.

BCOB came into play in 2009 so you'd still have 4 years of charges to focus on.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

@ Helpneeded

I've replied to you on your own thread.

:wink:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 4 months later...

• 1 month later...