Mental illness led to huge financial problems - where to start/which charity

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, apologies if I get something wrong - first post. I've tried to read the FAQ but mental illness drugs have left me with the concentration span of a gnat (that may be insulting to gnats, amoeba maybe?!)

I've lost a year of my life to a misdiagnosed mental illness and the ensuing drugs which left me in a lithium-induced coma like state. Meanwhile, I've garnered a lot of financial problems (including CCJs) albeit the one thing I've managed to get a temporary agreement on is my mortgage.

Is there an optimal charity for complex debt (there's a company failure in there too) please?

I can't handle this on my own, especially as I fear sliding back into depression.. already overwhelmed

Many thanks in advance for your kind assistance

Thank you, I've thought about CAB but worried about confidentiality (only in that I know people over quite a wide local area that work in them/volunteer and I can't drive more than 20-30 minutes due to physical ailments) so was hoping for alternatives!

Have you tried national debtline? Everything is confidential and they can direct you to the best companies/charities for your problems.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I can direct you to www.moneysavingexpert.com, that Martin lewis, has done a document along with mental health charities, about Mental health and debt...... Creditors have to treat you differently, and it is all confidential, you can put it on your credit file, or not, and it will not be shared amongst others......

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)