PPI reclaim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am looking for urgent help regarding reclaiming PPI payments. My young neighbour discovered, a few weeks after transferring her Credit Card balance to a loan, that she had been paying payments for PPI, which, not only did she not want but didn't know she had, nor did she understand.

A couple of years ago, Renata moved, with her Scottish boyfriend, to live next door to me. We rapidly became friends and adopted each other as family. She takes great care of me. I am her Scottish mummy. Unfortunately, I am useless when it comes to dealing with figures.

Is there a competent CAG member who would eb prepared to meet with us an talk us through the claim procedure? I refer, particularly, to the Spreadsheet.

A number of people have tried to explain to me, on here and the CAG Facebook page, how we must go about reclaiming. I understood as far as the SAR, which we did, and then a wee bit beyond. I know we have to calculate what PPI payments were made: relatively easy and what interest should be applied: currently proving impossible to grasp. :(

Recently, as in I only read it today, a CAG member said something about the CC balance transferred to a loan including PPI payments and so being charged interest on that with the loan. I think I might understand but I'm not completely clear on what that means.

I should admit to being dyslexic, particularly numerically so, hence so much difficulty with calculations.

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

2nd November 2006: 1st letter, requesting back statements, hand delivered to lloyds TSB: got receipt.

I have received the information on my accounts going back 6 (six) years but not going back to the begining of my hsitory with the bank, as I requested.

Think I'd best send a letter suggesting they send the lot and informing them that I have already paid the £10 for such information.

Mairi's awaiting my details so that she can help me work out the interest due on the charges taken.

Personal: growing and changing while ever remaining the same. Get to know me and tell me what I'm like coz I can't figure me out.

Quote: If you can't beat them, confuse them.

why have you start another thread on the same issue?

the interest is the one on the credit card statement.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX,

I am struggling with the directions regarding calculating the interest for Renata. The spreadsheet bamboozles me. I thought that, perhaps if I used the SCOTLAND forum, someone reasonably local might be prepared to meet up with us and talk me through completing/using it.

That's the best way for me to learn things. I am useless at following written directions on a subject about which I know nothing. :)

Are you on the Scotland Forum? Why did I think you were on the UK forum?

My pc is redundant just when I most need it and no can I afford to have it repaired so I am dependent on the loan of a friend's laptop. Today I got into CAG and found further posts from folk willing to help. Guess what? I can't understand it.

Everyone is being so patient but I just can't grasp what they are explaining. Now it seems, there is a further calculation with which to contend. :(

Apparently the PPI that was on Renata's CC might have been transferred with its balance to the loan. I have no idea how to determine this nor do I know how to calculate anything owed by the banks from such a situation.

So far, and as far as we can work out, Renata is only receiving a statement to say how much her loan is reducing.

I so want to help her but I'm really feeling out of my depth with this.

Don't suppose you're in Scotland central belt, are you?

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

2nd November 2006: 1st letter, requesting back statements, hand delivered to lloyds TSB: got receipt.

I have received the information on my accounts going back 6 (six) years but not going back to the begining of my hsitory with the bank, as I requested.

Think I'd best send a letter suggesting they send the lot and informing them that I have already paid the £10 for such information.

Mairi's awaiting my details so that she can help me work out the interest due on the charges taken.

Personal: growing and changing while ever remaining the same. Get to know me and tell me what I'm like coz I can't figure me out.

all the same yes i'm in scotand...

the spready is EASY

all you have to do is three things

you know the date of each charge ...yes?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Where in Scotland, are you, dx?

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

any futher north and i'll get wet

dx

and they